They are on the rise..there have been a few fatalities too..people stabbed to death, beaten into a coma and so on.
There are adverts on the radio too about ending up in prison because of road rage, must be getting serious.
Even our own Kimberly de Cun kena before..
Or those Mercedes with permanently ‘broken’ indicator bulbs..
Those moto’s that NEVER have working back lights, I mean wtf, the bulb costs like 50 cents.
Mac also encountered a situation, with polis some more..
Do you guys suffer from road rage? Or have experienced the other side before? (Been followed/tailed/attacked?)
I’ll outline one situation I recall from personal experience.
I was driving along the LDP towards SS2 from Sri Damansara on the express lane, not going particularly fast or weaving in and out of lanes..
I came up behind a car going considerably slower than myself, probably 80km/h to my 110km/h so I slowed down (middle lane was empty so he could have pulled in to let me pass) but he didn’t, so I changed to the middle lane to go past (probably gave him the finger too I can’t remember).
Anyway little did I know there was a moto rider riding on my rear quarter panel (one of the blind spots), literally, so when I pulled in the middle lane I gave him a nudge.
I checked back and he was fine so I continued my journey and exited at TTDI, I saw the moto flying up behind me and thought hmmm….maybe he wants something..
So anyway I carried on, then I noticed him riding along side me shaking his fist at me furiously like a rabid chimpanzee.
I proceeded on not wanting to have to get out of the car and kick the shit out of him, but then the inevitable happened, I reached a red light..
So I stopped, he squealed to a halt next to my car and started hammering the window.
So I wound down my window and the conversation began..
Guy (Jabbering at 100 words per minute): Blah blah, almost killed me, blah blah idiot driver, blah blah, police, blah blah, arrest you blah blah, idiot, blah blah *shakes fist more*
Me: What you talking about?
Guy: I’m gonna make police report about you
Me: (Peers out the window, looks the bike up and down, checks guy out) Are you hurt?
Me: Is your bike damaged?
Me: So what the hell are you going to report?
Guy: (Waves his fist some more) I know you, I’ll see you around
Then he proceeded to speed off, scary eh, he’ll see me around 0_o
Anyway saw some good guidelines from from an OSAC (Overseas Security Advisory Council) report.
The following practices and tips can be used to avoid becoming a victim of road rage. Please share this security notice with your family:
* Avoid eye contact and if you need to use your horn, do it sparingly
* Get out of the way. Even if the other guy is speeding, it’s safest to not make a point by staying in your lane.
* If someone is following you after an on-the-road encounter, drive to a public place or the nearest police station.
* Keep your doors and windows locked at all times.
* If you are involved in an accident notify the police immediately.
* It’s a good idea to carry a cell phone in your car, making it possible for you to call for help for yourself or someone else.
* Most of the violent incidents occur late at night. Use prudence when planning your night out and try to return home at a reasonable hour.
* Never fully roll down your window to talk to a stranger. If required, roll the window down only enough to be heard.
* Do not stop to aid disabled motorists. Telephone for help instead.
* If you are in need of help, make sure you have police emergency numbers available at all times.
The tips are not meant to cover every single situation that you may face. Each situation is different and you must use your judgment on what the appropriate action should be.
This be a public service announcement from teh ST 😀