The weather has been fabulously (or terribly) hot lately, depending on how you look at it. For me coming from a rather grey and cold country, I much prefer the warm weather than the cold variety.
But sometimes I do get a little warm and I need to cool down, aircon is one option – but works out rather expensive. Another cheaper and easily available option is the icy cold Slurpee from 7-Eleven – famous all over the World! Which strangely enough was invented in 1959 by a Kansas hamburger stall owner using a portable air conditioner unit (more facts at Slurpee 101).
Anyway Slurpee is currently running a contest called ‘My Funniest Slurpee Video‘ with some great prizes and all you need to do is:
- Create a video longer than 30s and shorter than 2 minutes showing your creative/funny moment with Slurpee (it’s mandatory to have a Slurpee in the vid).
- Upload your video to Youtube.
- Register as a member of Slurpee Nation and submit your video entry.
- Videos will be reviewed and approved within 24-hour and shown on the Slurpee website (view current entries here).
- You can enter as many times as you like (upload multiple videos).
- Videos must be uploaded by April 18th 2010 and winner announced on April 29th 2010.
- Of course most importantly, get your friends to join at vote!
Full details here – https://www.slurpee.com.my/myfunniestslurpeevideo.php
Here’s my video entry!
There are weekly prizes as well as the grand prize which is a great 3D/2N trip to Berjaya Redang resort for 2 people! The runner up prizes include trips to other Berjaya resorts such as Tioman, Langkawi, Colmar Tropicale and cash prizes/Slurpee t-shirts/52 pieces of 22oz Slurpee vouchers!
So – what you waiting for? Go and enter now!