If you receive this error and you are using W3 Total Cache – deactivate W3 Total Cache plugin totally first, then you will be able to authenticate just fine.
Wrong Token for Dropbox authentication received!
Falschen Token für die Dropbox-Authentifizierung erhalten!
Other problems could be –
- Using any other plugins that have OAuth capability, such as Google Analyticator/Google Analytics for WordPress
- Plugins that connect to Twitter or Dropbox
- You don’t have CURL installed (or php5-curl extension)
- CURL is disallowed on the user running the site
- The domain isn’t resolving correctly on the server itself (If you ping the domain, from the server itself, make sure the IP address matches).
You will need to disable these plugins, install CURL if required, fix your DNS then you should be able to authenticate to Dropbox with BackWPup.
There are a some support threads regarding this error:
Anyway, hope you manage to get it working if you come across this error 🙂