You might remember my previous posts about the all new Ford Ranger coming to Malaysia:
Well now it’s finally, officially launched! You can go and check it out and take it for a test drive at your nearest Ford showroom. I have to say the Ford Ranger Wildtrak looks VERY interesting with a 3.2L TDCi VG Turbo engine providing 147kW/200PS and 470Nm/48kg-m of torque!
What a torquemonster – something after my own heart of course. There’s also a regular MT and AT option with a more modest 2.2L block – still providing 375Nm, far more than your regular puny petrol powered cars.
It seems to be pretty hot too with pre-bookings already surpassing 800 units.
A Smarter and Safer All-New Ford Ranger
Ford has gone to great lengths to ensure that the all-new Ranger is not only a capable and good-looking vehicle, but also engineered for safety. With active and passive safety features, the all-new Ranger sets new standards in safety. In addition to Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) and Electronic Brake Force Distribution (EBD), other standard safety features include:
- Load Adaptive Control (LAC): Optimal vehicle stability to help drivers manage their load
- Emergency Brake Assist (EBA): Provides additional brake pressure in emergency stopping manoeuvres
- Emergency Brake Light: Signals to other drivers by flashing the indicators when the vehicle decelerates quickly
In addition, the class-leading and premium all-new Ford Ranger 3.2L Wildtrak is equipped with the Electronic Stability Program (ESP), which uses advanced sensors to continuously monitor the path the vehicle is travelling on and compares it to the path the driver wants to follow, as indicated by the steering wheel.
Other features in the Wildtrak that assist vehicle stability and control include:
- Hill Descent Control (HDC): Helps the driver on steep downhill grades
- Hill Launch Assist (HLA): Helps the driver pull away on steep climb
- Roll-Over Mitigation (ROM): Helps prevent the vehicle getting into a roll-over situation
Model Availability and Pricing
- 2.2 XLT 4X4 6-AT Double Cab: RM95,888.00
- 2.2 XLT 4X4 6-MT Double Cab: RM89,888.00
- Wildtrak 4×4 6-AT Double Cab: RM116,888.00
You can find out more here: