It’s that time of the year again! What time you may ask? Time for Arthur’s Day!
KL is blessed as it’s one of the few locations in the world that is chosen to celebrate Arthur’s day, you may remember 2009 Arthur’s day with the Black Eyed Peas – which was frankly phenomenal! Here’s me hanging with tha’ peas yo!
Last year was epic and this year is gonna be just as good – if not even BETTER!
The event itself is on September 24th 2010 at Sunway Lagoon Surf Beach kicking off at 8pm, tickets are for sale right now at Axcess.
In conjunction with Arthur’s day 2010 there is also a contest called The Man of Vision – it’s pretty simple and it’s based around the image below.
And here’s how you win:
- Study the illustration carefully. Go to arthursday.com.my and print it out if you have to, I’ve also uploaded the higher resolution version HERE.
- Follow Guinness on Twitter or Facebook to get hints.
- Each hint is tied to an element in the illustration. Pairing them together correctly will give you the answer — a fact related to Arthur Guinness and his creation.
- Example: The hint given is “How far Arthur saw into the future”. The illustration element that goes with the hint is a shop with ‘9K’ as its lot number and a sign saying it’s leased. The answer is “9,000-year lease”.
- E-mail answers to firstname.lastname@example.org with name, IC no., and mobile no. before Sunday, 19 Sept, 11:59pm.
- Entries will be judged on the number of correct answers and time of submission.
Hint: There are 40 facts. Spot them all and stand a chance to win.
There is another contest too called The Man of Action which involves creating a video and uploading it to Youtube, you can find more details on both contests and the full list of prizes available on the Guinness Malaysia Facebook page here:
Now that is a GREAT video.
Both contests give you the chance to win tickets to Arthur’s Day and/or a trip to Dublin – the home of Guinness! So get your entries in now, there are grand prizes, runners up prizes, consolation prizes and weekly prizes! Plenty of chance to get something.
And well if you don’t win, go buy tickets anyway and I’ll see you there!