MYDEAL.com.my – Malaysia at half the price!

Group buy is a concept fairly familiar to me and I used to love LetsBuyIt.com when it first kicked off in the UK around 1999. I bought a lot of stuff from there and it was a great place to shop for gifts as you could find some really unique stuff.

Anyway it’s seems group buy sites are making a comeback, there’s been a few come and gone in the past 1-2 years. The latest player in town in MYDEAL which you can find at http://mydeal.com.my/.

MYDEAL.com.my - Malaysia Group Buy Site

The group buy theory basically works on the concept of economy of scale, so the more people buy something together (in a ‘group’) – the cheaper it becomes. That is the premise MYDEAL operates on. You can find the details on How it works here.

The deals they’ve had so far are certainly brands you will have heard of such as Isetan, Coffee Bean, Parkson, Guardian, Nando’s and many many more. A list of the Past Deals is here – as you can see most discounts lay in the 50-70% range.

MYDEAL.com.my - Past Deals

Also bear in mind that each deal is time-limited and has a finite quantity which makes it more exclusive. Plus the fact that it is time sensitive means you have to jump in fast to make sure you benefit from the savings offered.

So far the deals are of a nominal value but as the site grows, gains a larger user-base and more leverage the deals will get bigger and the discounts larger. So do head over to MYDEAL, sign up and grab some great savings.

Comments

comments

, , , ,

10 Responses to MYDEAL.com.my – Malaysia at half the price!

1. KY July 19, 2010 at 11:20 am #

most of the deals are small but the savings add up!

2. Niki Cheong July 19, 2010 at 1:45 pm #

I’ve never heard of this before! Thanks for sharing!

3. Kur aka orionmystery July 19, 2010 at 3:08 pm #

Great website…i’ll check it daily for good deals :D..thanks 🙂

4. Kevin July 20, 2010 at 1:15 am #

Hi ST, I have been an avid reader of yours for a number of years now. But first time commenting. Keep up the good work!

Thanks for the intro of the MYDEAL site, just purchased my Hotlink top up! Too bad only can only buy one per person 🙁 But still a very good bargain!

5. ShaolinTiger July 20, 2010 at 3:56 pm #

KY: Yah, good to try something new too.

Niki Cheong: Cool hope you get some savings 😀

Kur aka orionmystery: No macro gear there loh 😛

Kevin: No worries, and comment more..I’m lonely hahaha.

6. Kimizo July 21, 2010 at 11:47 am #

Is this site similar to mudah.com.my?

7. ShaolinTiger July 21, 2010 at 4:37 pm #

Kimizo: Nope this is a site to get personal deals for yourself from large vendors, Mudah is a general trading/classified site. You can read about Mudah here.

8. David @ Malaysia Asia July 26, 2010 at 1:43 am #

Interesting, this year alone 2 other similar sites launched in Msia. One of them was SharkyBid which was a real rip off job if you knew the mechanics.

Anyway, I will have a look see at mydeal. Thanks for sharing this.

Regards,
    David
    Malaysia Asia

9. ShaolinTiger July 26, 2010 at 2:20 pm #

David @ Malaysia Asia: Yah SharkyBid is a penny auction model, it’s more gambling than anything else. Enjoy 😀

10. madel July 23, 2011 at 8:09 pm #

never buy from mydeal as the deal doesnt exist.
    it is like a scammer deal which customer paid on the spot but cant even use it .
    require customer to call in the business but the problem are the outlet never open/operate business at all!!!

mydeal agree to make refund,but after 6weeks never see the refund until today !!

so do u think this is a good customer service to customer