The New Toyota Vios Launch (2010 Facelift)

As you’d know if you’d read my blog for some time, I’m quite a petrolhead – I love cars, racing, motorsports and anything related. One car I’ve always admired is the Vios, for the price you pay you get a hell of a lot of motor vehicle!

The good news for Vios fans is that Toyota has just unveiled a new face-lifted 2010 model across the entire Vios range (that includes the TRD Sportivo, E, J & G models).

I dropped by one of the larger Toyota showrooms in PJ during a past weekend to check out the launch of the updated model during 16-18 April, which took place in major Toyota showrooms nationwide. I’ve always admired the TRD Sportivo model which lucky KY had a chance to review previously.

Anyway at the showroom they had all variants so I could check them out, if it confuses you with the lettering basically it’s like this:

• Vios J – Affordable
  • Vios E – Value
  • Vios G – Luxury
  • Vios TRD – Sporty

My tastes of course are towards the G and TRD models, so I set about checking out the Vios G model.

Toyota Vios G 2010

The main change on the exterior is the new front grill.

Vios New Front Grill

At the back you might notice the new look combi lights.

Vios New Rear Combi Light

The G model comes with some nice looking 15″ rims too (the E model with 14″ allows and the J model with 14″ steel wheels).

New Vios Sports Rims

As for the interior it was nice before, but now it’s even better with the new look center console (glossy black with new aircon control dials).

Vios New Glossy Center Console

I think it’s a great car to look at if you are a young exec looking for an upgrade from your first car, with the range of options available there is sure to be a model which satisfies your desires and doesn’t compromise your bank balance. If you’re interested to take a look just head over to your nearest Toyota showroom, they do accept trade-in on your existing car – so don’t worry about that!

Toyota Showroom - Malaysia

My only wish would be that they bring out the Toyota Vios Turbo here that they did in Thailand!

Test drive units are also available at selected Toyota showrooms nationwide. Anyone who is interested can book a test drive via the website at toyota.com.my/vios or you can just drop into any showroom when you are passing.

The prices are as follows (OTR including insurance):

• Vios J – Manual – RM71,990
  • Vios J – Auto – RM76,090
  • Vios E – Auto – RM81,500
  • Vios G – Auto – RM87,300
  • Vios TRD Sportivo – Auto – RM92,000

When I was there I wanted to take the TRD Sportivo out for a spin, but due to it’s popularity it was already fully booked!

Toyota is also holding a mini-contest on Twitter, to participate just:

1. Follow @toyotamy on Twitter
  2. Retweet (RT) the Contest Tweet from @toyotamy as below
  3. “Catch #ToyotaRoadshow at a mall near you! 50th person to RT wins exclusive TRD merchandise! For details: http://bit.ly/crdJTd
  4. If you’re a 50th Retweeter, we will send you a winner announcement DM (Direct Message)!
  5. The Contest period runs from 3—23 May 2010 or when we have 40 winners, whichever comes first

You can find out more info and follow updates from Toyota below:

Web:http://www.toyota.com.my/vios
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/ToyotaMY
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ToyotaMY
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/ToyotaViosMy

Comments

comments

, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

16 Responses to The New Toyota Vios Launch (2010 Facelift)

1. Kenji' May 3, 2010 at 10:45 am #

Still does not look good. They will need to come out with a new design.. instead of going for a “facelift”.

2. Mark Leo May 3, 2010 at 11:45 am #

Its a pity that the electronic upgrades which are available in Thailand didn’t make it to Malaysia such as the RF key and the stop start ignition button.

3. KY May 3, 2010 at 11:48 am #

ooo the music thingy now got lcd!

4. foodcrazee May 3, 2010 at 11:19 pm #

for a airtek guy . . .dont thk u will like it much

5. ShaolinTiger May 4, 2010 at 6:15 pm #

Kenji’: Well a lot of people like it how it is, so they have their wisdom in not changing it too much.

Mark Leo: Yah agree.

KY: Yup, super nais!

foodcrazee: Well it aint got the same torque, but for the money it’s a good car.

6. roslen.jb May 13, 2010 at 10:11 pm #

still like dugong….

7. ShaolinTiger May 18, 2010 at 12:29 pm #

roslen.jb: Some people like it loh.

8. zaki sepang July 27, 2010 at 10:30 am #

hi kawan2… i just bought vios last 2 weeks.. WUC 58XX

.. macam ni la.. everyone say about forte lah,, honda city lah,, persona lah.. ape2 lah.. tapi aku beli vios manual J sbb aku nk rasa japanase car yg aku mmpu..

minyak sangatlah jimat.. 1000km aku dapat 11 sen.. so.. minyak dalam full tank 42 liter (70 ringgit) ,, aku dapat g sampai 700 kilometer.. nak apa lagi.. aku happy skrg.. fuel cunsumption is the best .. macam nk viva dah.. kualiti dan pickup. mmg puas hati.. sa sapa nk kutuk vios ke.. ape ke.. aku xkisah.. janji aku dan vios owner yg lain happy.. hhehehh.. hahahha

9. ShaolinTiger July 28, 2010 at 4:29 pm #

zaki sepang: Glad you are happy, the fuel consumption is really good!

10. zuha August 10, 2010 at 6:54 pm #

hi,i’m about to buy one,how is the fuel for Auto Transmission for J spec?

11. ShaolinTiger August 16, 2010 at 1:55 pm #

zuha: I think all models of Vios have good fuel consumption.

12. rosham October 23, 2010 at 5:11 pm #

roslen jb : kenapa nak kondem kete yg ko tak pki, kete sendiri x komen plak, rupa @ bentuk tu subjektif, ada org suka beli, tak suka jgn beli, diam aje, x de org paksa, kg kete ko kne kutuk apa plak ko rse,.. Aku pn tgh tggu wife aku punya j trd solid white JXX7171 kt SA 2 weeks more

13. Bandula Jayawardene February 17, 2011 at 2:19 am #

I am very much impressed with the Toyota Vios G 2010 model.
    I should say it is a lovely sedan car with the new facelift,the new tail lamp and black centre console.
    I have decided to import a Gold colour Vios G and in the process of finalising same.
    Thank you once again for my dream car Toyota Vios G grade of 2010.With best wishes and warmest regards.

14. Bandula Jayawardene February 23, 2011 at 10:59 pm #

Since of late, I have been reading lot about Toyota Vios 2010 G spec written to your esteemed coloum by various car owners. I thank everyone of them for their comments.Over the years I have been using Toyotas of Japanese origin and I can vouch for their dependability, reliability of the engine on the road,with no break-downs on the road whatsoever and the fuel efficiency and so on and so on. I am about to settle down for a Vios 2010 of G spec from Thailand and this is the first time that I will go for a toyota manufactured outside Japan.
    I will be very appreciate if anybody could educate me via my email on the performances of a Vios of Thailand for its efficiency, reliability and the assuarance and dependability on the road, as I often have to take long journeys from home all by myself.

Thank you in advance for your valuable advise on the subject matter.

15. viossoiv April 17, 2011 at 4:10 pm #

‘dugong’ or not, VIOS still unique. proud of Toyota.

16. helen January 23, 2013 at 6:17 pm #