I was engaged by Honda to research the GCON Safety Technology.
Car safety is an important issue and something that I do consider when purchasing a vehicle, the ‘International Standard’ for car safety is the Euro NCAP.
Most local cars (like Proton) don’t even have a current NCAP rating, which is part of the reason many people (especially those with young children) will opt for foreign cars.
Honda as you can see generally scores highly on the safety chart.
Part of this is thanks to the Honda G-CON safety technology that improves road safety for both the passengers and driver of a vehicle and any pedestrian the car might impact during an accident.
There are various aspects of G-CON on being the crash-compatibility which provides mutual safety for 2 vehicles involved in a collision. The crash compatibility design basically makes vehicles more equal during a collision and removes the factors which can negatively effect vehicles during a crash such as different frame heights, different weights and different strengths of the vehicles.
Crash compatibility body
By doing this Honda has developed a crash-compatibility body that uses multiple frame components to form an impact-absorbing surface that ensures frame contact which then disperses collision loads and improves energy absorption. All of these mean a safer experience for the occupants of the vehicle.
It’s also good to know that if you did happen to collide with a pedestrian the G-CON system would make it more likely they would sustain less serious injuries.
This is aided by the following technologies designed to absorb impact:
- Impact absorbing wiper pivots – The pivot bends on impact absorbing impact
- Impact absorbing hood hinges – The hood hinges bend on impact absorbing impact
- Impact absorbing hood – Space between the hood and the engine gives the hood room to deform and absorb impact
- Impact absorbing bumper – Space between the bumper face and its beam gives the bumper surface to deform and absorb impact
- Impact absorbing fenders – The brackets to attach the fender bend on impact absorbing impact
Remember to consider the safety aspects when purchasing a vehicle as it could save your life and those you care about if you were to be in a serious accident.
You can find out more on Honda technology here: