LG KP500 Cookie – Full Touch Screen Phone for Xmas?

Stuck when it comes to buying a Christmas present for that special someone? Not really sure what to get for them?

Well here’s one idea, LG has come out with a new reasonably priced full Touch Screen phone at less than RM1k!

It seems like when it comes to handphone technology, touch screen is the new big thing with every manufacturer coming out with some kind of touchscreen phone – most of them tending to be more towards the Smart phone and high end markets. Now if you are looking for a sexy special gift for someone, perhaps you can look for the brand new LG KP500 Cookie!

LG Cookie KP500

It looks good doesn’t it, it seems to take it’s design cues from the much more expensive LG Renoir as you can see from the picture above – it does look good and it’s very slim at only 11.9mm!

The basic specs for the LG KP500 are as follows:

• Quad band GSM connectivity
  • 3″ touchscreen display
  • 3 megapixel camera
  • Black, Vandyke brown, Anodizing silver, and Elegant gold color schemes
  • Built-in motion sensor
  • On screen QWERTY keyboard
  • Stylus

The variety of colours gives you a bit of a choice so you can better match it your personal preference (and accessories for the girls). I think you could buy this for both your girlfriend or your boyfriend, it’s not a gender specific design and you can inject a bit of personality with the colour choice.

LG Cookie KP500

It comes with a stylus as well meaning better support for handwriting recognition and therefore Chinese language (very important in Asian markets).

The places where it’s been cut back are mainly the camera (only 3 megapixels) and the data usage (please note it has no 3G support). So this is aimed more towards those people that just want a phone, and want a touch screen. It’s not so much a convergence device for those heavy data users.

LG Cookie KP500

The best part, it’s retailing for less than RM1k! The LG KP500 will be only RM900. Considering that most touch screen phones are at least double (and some triple) that price – it’s great value for money. If you’re shopping for someone else, you might even end up buying one for yourself!

Join the Touch Generation!

LG Cookie KP500

You can find out more here at the minisite:

Comments

comments

, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

14 Responses to LG KP500 Cookie – Full Touch Screen Phone for Xmas?

1. kevin December 22, 2008 at 9:13 am #

pity it lacks 3G and wifi.

look forward for the improve version somewhere in the few months down the road.

2. ShaolinTiger December 22, 2008 at 7:41 pm #

kevin: You can always go for the Renoir, remember this phone is only RM900 I doubt there will be a revision with those features as this is suited to the budget market.

3. Huai Bin December 22, 2008 at 10:35 pm #

Hmm…looking for a 3G and WiFi phone too. Thinking SE X1 but too expensive.

4. David Wong December 23, 2008 at 2:33 pm #

How’s the camera picture quality like?

5. moons December 23, 2008 at 6:17 pm #

The features look pretty decent for a touchscreen phone of this price range.

Personally I’d still rather fork out the extra money for a good function phone instead of having a touch screen. Not much of a touch screen fan for “looks”. Functionality and practicality always come first for me.

In reply to David Wong, its mentioned that the camera only possess a 3megapixel camera so that should roughly give you the idea how the image quality.

6. G December 23, 2008 at 10:23 pm #

I picked up one for the GF yesterday, its quite decent. It may be a little light in the hand but the build is quite solid.

UI is responsive, but don’t expect miracles from the camera. Its average for such a device. Sound quality is reasonable to.

Accelerometer is just sensitive enough.Screen bright and vibrant.

Got it for rm840 after trading in an L6!

7. Neil | Bartul December 29, 2008 at 11:48 pm #

It’s too bad that it lacks 3G, and the camera resolution is on the low side, but I can understand that sacrifices had to be made in order to keep the price relatively low. Still, it probably isn’t for me. Looks good though.

8. ShaolinTiger December 30, 2008 at 2:10 am #

Huai Bin: Nokia E71 FTW! Best value phone out there right now.

David Wong: I’d say average, as it is a budget camera it doesn’t have a sterling camera.

moons: Yah I’m more of a function person than touch-screen, although I can’t wait for the Nokia N97!

G: Good to hear, would like to know what you think after using it for a while.

Neil | Bartul: Yah well it is a budget model, so I think for the price it’s pretty good.

9. fayzspace.com December 30, 2008 at 10:50 pm #

Nice phone.. i saw the ads in the paper a while back…but my wife prefers a nokia..she ended up buying a nokia e66 which has a gps..god knows if she knows how to operate it…heheh..

happy new year shaolin tiger!

10. ShaolinTiger December 31, 2008 at 6:51 pm #

fayzspace.com: Ah good choice, I have the sister model the E71. Happy New Year!

11. AMMAR AZIZ December 31, 2008 at 9:40 pm #

its cool mobile betterb then a samsung
    can u give me that set free

12. ShaolinTiger January 7, 2009 at 6:29 pm #

AMMAR AZIZ: Haha you wish, I don’t even get one for free.

13. jinyin January 18, 2009 at 6:59 pm #

Thinking of getting one of this.Its resonable to get this right?I just want a touch screen phone,don’t really favor much of the 3G and wii fi function.Should i get it?or decide on the Samsung OMNIA?

14. kwai February 24, 2009 at 4:04 pm #

got one and have encountered numerous problems. major problem- it switches off by itself very often and when switched back on, it reverts to its factory settings and mailbox content is deleted.

tried contacting Zitron…please dont, no help at all.