A Visit to the Malaysian Dreamgirl House – Meeting the Final 8!

Malaysian Dreamgirl

So last week Tim called me and asked me if I wanted to go the Dreamhouse! I said yes of course, actually I wanted to go earlier before Jean, Valerie, Natasha and Alison had gone! I went along with Wen Qi and of course the other official blogger for Dreamgirl – Su Ann!

We headed down there this Saturday afternoon and had a chat with the girls, they made some food for us and we started off with Tim telling some stories and talking a lot..normal for him la!

Tim Story Telling

After that we played a game where you have to draw a face on a piece of paper with your eyes closed! Someone else will give the intstructions and the components will go in a random order like fringe then neck, then eyebrows, then lips etc.

Drawing Game

Su Ann’s was a bit Picasso-ish.

Su Ann

Here’s mine, try it! It’s fun and difficult..

My Drawing

Tim’s was pretty bad :P

Tim Drawing

We chatted for a while then, to see who they thought the favourites were in the public’s eye. They were generally very diplomatic though.

Group Shot

Tim and Wen Qi then cam-hoed with all of them.

Tim and Eyna

Tim and Fiqa

Tim and Fiqa

We headed out to the swimming pool area so I could take some quick portraits of the Final 8 girls, the light wasn’t great and the reflector holder was a noob. I only really like 3 of the pics, but then 8 girls in less than 10 minutes isn’t bad!

The Final 8

Eyna

Eyna

Fiqa

Fiqa

Nadia

Nadia

After the portraits we interviewed a few of the girls to get the dirt on what was really going on, we had them out one at a time so they wouldn’t be scared to speak in front of the others.

A few notes:

Adeline speaks a lot better than I thought she would – she’s not that Jinjang after all.
Nadia isn’t as fierce as you might think she is, though she does seem to the one involved in all the drama in the house so it’s hard to say.
Eyna really is very quiet
Ringo misses the Internet very much!
Cindy didn’t talk with any weird accent the whole time we were there.
Fiqa is apparently the most flirtatious one.
Hanis is the one everyone likes the most I think, she is very sweet.
Jay is another favourite in the house, as she has modelling and catwalk experience and cooks!

As for the politics, there are two bedroom in the house it started off with one of 7 and one of 5, the 7 is now 6 and the 5 has become 2! It was ok in the beginning until one room overheard the other room gossiping about them, since then it’s been somewhat divided.

As for the gangs it was Jean, Cindy, Valerie, Adeline and Natasha…now 3 of them are gone it’s only left Cindy and Adeline, so they feel a bit left out and Adeline keeps out of it pretty much.

The first target was Ringo for what she wrote on her blog (that all seems to be settled now), the second target was Valerie for various reasons (she’s out now) and the current target is Cindy.

Most of it is petty stuff, money, tomatoes, jeans etc..pretty interesting to hear it from their mouths though and also the difference between the stories when you ask two different people about the same ‘incident’.

Episode 7 & 8 are out too, so go check out Malaysian Dreamgirl now!

The other posts:

Meeting the Malaysian Dreamgirls In Flesh!!
Meeting the Malaysian Dreamgirls at Their Home

Full Flickr set so far is here:

Malaysian Dreamgirl – Mar/Apr 2008

You can find all the related posts here Malaysian Dreamgirl.

Comments

comments

, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

20 Responses to A Visit to the Malaysian Dreamgirl House – Meeting the Final 8!

1. Simon Seow March 31, 2008 at 3:44 am #

Maybe Adeline only talks Jinjang style when nervous, for example in front of the camera, just as Cindy talked with funny accents in front of the camera.

2. Boss Stewie March 31, 2008 at 9:40 am #

TIM’S DRAWING WAS PRETTY BAD?!?!?
    NIAAMAAAAA

3. Esther N March 31, 2008 at 10:36 am #

I’ve always admire Fiqa. haha…So was she flirtatious in a good way…or bad? =)

4. Bernsy March 31, 2008 at 11:24 am #

wah i dun wan call u shaolin tiger anymore.. call u lucky tiger.. hahahaha

5. joshuaongys March 31, 2008 at 12:14 pm #

lolx.. this is the only time u all get to go there or you all will be going there anthr time?

6. Yatz March 31, 2008 at 1:56 pm #

me likey Cindy :D

7. Syed March 31, 2008 at 5:39 pm #

lucky u…i think fiqa’s hot!

8. Dabido March 31, 2008 at 7:26 pm #

I hope someone mentioned the winner of the competition has to go on a date with me. Or was that the loser? I forget! :-)

9. copykate March 31, 2008 at 8:04 pm #

nadia is still wearing her colour contact? jeez. so copy-me

=x

10. Bean March 31, 2008 at 10:34 pm #

love fiqa and cindy.

11. julian April 1, 2008 at 7:41 am #

Maybe they should change the room arrangements around, redistribute the girls…

12. Darren April 1, 2008 at 9:44 am #

finally i get to see nadia’s eyes, can’t see her eyes in her previous photos.

13. me April 1, 2008 at 9:12 pm #

yah.. fiqa is hot! gosh,and she is only 18 years old!damn a lot of potential people.

14. karen April 3, 2008 at 7:55 pm #

is it the make up? or the reflector that’s giving an uneven tone on their face?

15. Voters April 5, 2008 at 8:40 pm #

Typical Malaysia Girl ~~Bad attitude

Fiqa (2 face motherfucker.. so fake)
    Nadia (not bad,has own style. but too rude, scold “puki mak”
    Jay (best attitude.not bad. but she will not make it..)
    hanis (manja lebih lebih..okla..but no figure (body too flat.
    cindy (why show off your ascent and being so bitchy??
    adeline (no champion’s style.. unless your family vote you.

Prediction,
    Final – hanis & nadia
    3rd – adeline
    4th – cindy
    5th – Fiqa
    6th – Jay

16. Debbie April 7, 2008 at 3:40 pm #

You’re all great artists in comparison to me, I tried this game and it was really strange.
    Nice pics of the girls. Who’s your favorite?

17. ShaolinTiger April 8, 2008 at 1:52 am #

Simon Seow: Yah I think so, maybe she just gets nervous in front of the camera.

Boss Stewie: NOT TRUE MEH!?!

Esther N: Yeah she’s very elegant, flirtatious? Not with me la, just what I heard.

Bernsy: Haha yeah!

joshuaongys: Not sure, there’s an event this Wednesday but I can’t make it.

Yatz: Yah favourite of the Chinese guys.

Syed: Fiqa is definitely hot!

Dabido: Losers are already out (5 of them) go find them :P

copykate: Yah sometimes she doesn’t have it on.

Bean: Good taste :)

julian: Yah I think that’d be fairer, break and re-create some bonds.

Darren: Yah she has a habit of half-closing her eyes, I think she’s getting out of it.

me: She does have a lot of potential.

karen: Flat light and noob reflector holder, they had minimal make-up on.

Voters: Interesting comments you got there.

Debbie: Haha, it is hard yah. My favourite, depends different girls for different reasons. Eyna was my favourite in picture, most attractive in real life probably Fiqa and Adeline. Mostly likely to win? Hard to say, Fiqa, Nadia or Hanis I’d say.

18. Voters April 9, 2008 at 8:24 pm #

thanks.. by the way, i forgot riNGo…hehe.
    Ringo is one of the best..polite, great attitude. soft spoken.. damn she is good, except for the height.

*new* Prediction,
    Final – hanis & nadia
    3rd – Ringo
    4th – adeline
    5th – cindy
    6th – Fiqa
    7th – Jay

Final score: nadia won by giving 1/2 ball.

19. jloh April 19, 2008 at 11:53 pm #

shaolintiger, i know you are slightly older and probably more mature than most of the bloggers out there and will not blindly adopt the whole All-Bloggers-Must-Always-Stay-United bs. please, if you are good friends with ringo and care for her future, could you advise her to stop all these pretentious and hypocritical acts once she gets out of the dreamhouse? it has been getting so ridiculous to the extent of becoming ludicrous, especially what she says in episode 14 part 1. she may be a celebrity blogger like you, but her personality is downright pathetic.

20. ShaolinTiger April 21, 2008 at 12:40 pm #

Voters: Yah agree, I’d say Hanis for the winner :)

jloh: It’s up to her what she does la, I’m pretty impartial. I prefer things to be run on merit – but it’s ending up more of a popularity contest.