Malaysian Dreamgirl Auditions at PWTC

Malaysian Dreamgirl

I mentioned the Malaysian Dreamgirl – Audition 16th and 17th February at PWTC on Friday and I attended the first day on the 16th afternoon to check out what was going on.

Myself and Su Ann (her post about the audition) will be the ‘official bloggers’ for Malaysian Dreamgirl 2008, we will be following the series through-out – visiting the house where the girls stay and attending some of the challenges they are set.

It was pretty interesting sitting in the Media room watching the live feeds, there were 2 cameras one facing the contestants and one on the judges. Around 8 got through before I arrived.

This was the first girl I saw that qualified, zomg she looks like Suet Li! – Her name is Yvonne Sim.

Malaysian Dreamgirl Auditions - Yvonne Sim

The crew interviewed most of the girls before they went in, see if they are nervous and what they are expecting.

Interview

The contestants waiting anxiously – 3 of the girls in this picture got through.

Waiting

Another one through – Wan Has Zalona.

Wan Has Zalona

Many people’s favourite – Yeap Chin Yee (Giselle). A number of people found it unbelievable that she’s a kindergarten teacher – love her dress.

Yeap Chin Yee - Giselle

The ones that got through were also interviewed afterwards to assess their joy.

Yeap Chin Yee - Giselle - Through

This girl has a fierce look (Nadia Johary), definitely has attitude – that’s a quality I appreciate as a photographer. I think she can go far.

Nadia Johary

They were also interviews by Nick – that’s where he got all the info from (names, hobbies etc.).

Interview by Nick Chhan

I think girl Alison Joan Victor is one of the few I saw that is a definite to go through to the final 12 (looks, height, articulate and good personality).

Alison Joan Victor

Being interviewed by Nick.

Interview

Some were really happy that they got through like Daniellia Ellies who professed she was one of my readers and pleased to meet me…she doesn’t comment tho *pttooi* (I LOVE COMMENTS).

Daniellia Ellies

She’s cute eh?

Daniellia Ellies

Our famous blogger friend Ringo Tan of Cheeserland was there too looking as pretty as ever, she got through of course (after getting dissed by the judges “Less Is More”).

Ringo Tan

This is how the feeds look to us in the media room (whilst Ringo was being interviewed).

Ringo Tan Interview

Ringo after she got through.

Ringo Tan

Kenny and Su Ann posing after it was all over.

Kenny Sia and Su Ann

My general comments on the audition are:

• Most girls didn’t have any personality that was visible, they were meek and very ‘vanilla’
  • Following on from personality, almost none stood up for themselves or fought to get in. After rejection they just gave up and walked out.
  • The majority could have made more effort style wise, wear something interesting and visually exciting..not the same old MNG bargain bin clothes.
  • Looks wise it was about as I expected, some were clearly too short, too fat or just plain wrong.
  • Doesn’t any girl like any other model than Tyra Banks? It was a little boring
  • Doesn’t any girl read anything other than the crap Dan Brown churns out?

I’m looking forwards to the rest of the series! I hope there’s at least one nasty bitch in there 😀

I wasn’t there in the morning (didn’t want to get caught in the roadblocks) or on the second day but Nick Chhan was there on both days – you can find his posts here:

Part 1: Day One of Malaysian Dreamgirl Auditions
Part 2: Day Two of Malaysian Dreamgirl Auditions

The quality of entrants definitely seems better on the second day, but that was expected as many people work half day on Saturday and the roadblocks etc made it more likely the turnout would be greater on Sunday.

Malaysian Dreamgirl will start airing in the first week of March with the auditions, the girls will also be moving into the house around that time.

Watch this space for more updates!

Comments

comments

, , , , , , , , , , ,

21 Responses to Malaysian Dreamgirl Auditions at PWTC

1. Nicholas Chhan February 18, 2008 at 2:06 pm #

Indeed, many girls didn’t know what they wanted out of this, or even in the lives. Some can’t even define themselves properly. It’s like back in school where you say you read just to sound smart – pretentious?

One more bullet point: almost every girl that got through: loves swimming.

2. Balqiz February 18, 2008 at 3:44 pm #

The problem with the audition is that it is only held in West Malaysia. This hinders the chances of East Malaysia girls to participate. I’ve some friends who were interested in joining but due to their commitment with work and time and such, they missed their chance to audition and I must say that my friends looks 10x better than those you girls you post here and you want to talk bout attitude wise? I guess you haven’t met much East Malaysia women coz once you get a taste of their wild and aggressive ways, plus beauty and height, maaaaaaaaan!

I’m not one of the beauties so boohoo for me

Ciao!

3. ront February 18, 2008 at 4:21 pm #

i wouldnt mind attending kindergarten again…….the one where giselle is teaching of course

4. ck February 18, 2008 at 5:03 pm #

i sort of expected the girls to be lack of personality since asian girls are generally submissive and tame

5. BikerVoodoo February 18, 2008 at 8:19 pm #

All I can say is, where do I sign up for kindergarten!?

6. Nicholas Chhan February 18, 2008 at 8:58 pm #

@ront & BikerVoodoo – ROFL! She can teach you the ABC’s anyday eh?

7. ahlost February 19, 2008 at 1:17 pm #

Eee… I love Cheesie too .. hiak hiak.. 😛

8. kira February 19, 2008 at 4:00 pm #

not enough information on what they expect u to do during the filming (ie: do u need to quit ur job/take 1mth leave of absence or whatever) to entice ppl to join. it’s so vague that ppl are afraid of the unknown.

producers need to remember there’re not many f*ckitall ppl who wld join and see if they wld get through, decide later.

we all wld like to plan out our lives. not live in the spur of the moment. we r asians, remember?

9. kennysia February 19, 2008 at 5:52 pm #

Balqiz, on the contrary, quite a lot of East Malaysians living in KL applied to be in the contest. We auditioned a lot of Kadazans and Bidayuhs especially on the 2nd day.

kira, a lot of ppl we interviewed are very clear that they will be required to take 10 weeks off work and family to be in this contest. With stakes this high and prizes that attractive, we made it very clear to the contestants that some sacrifices would have to be made. If they didn’t bother finding out these information on the website before they joined, then they’re not right for it and we’ll eliminate them in the 2nd round.

10. naeboo February 19, 2008 at 7:04 pm #

kenny>>wont that mean the show wld get mostly bummers to join? even students can’t do the 10wks off thing! waraooo. crazy.

11. Balqiz February 20, 2008 at 8:27 am #

Kenny, “Living in West Malaysia” but what about the one “living in East Malaysia”? Well, what’s done is done anyway. All the best though

12. Reta February 20, 2008 at 10:44 am #

I think it’s great bloggers are given the chance to ‘publicise’ the show because I wouldn’t think such news would be picked up by the main dailies because it ain’t that interesting.

13. Chee Bai February 20, 2008 at 12:18 pm #

First, Malaysia has too many “copycat” reality shows and worst is that you see the same shitty looking contestants which I have no clue how the judges could let them go through the prelim. But I bet there must a bunch of Tan Sris and Datuks sitting quietly at the corner to hunt their preys.

14. Dwayne Foong February 20, 2008 at 12:39 pm #

wow, felixia is making a come back!

15. Mikemmery February 20, 2008 at 8:05 pm #

u love comments??? i commented here… hehehe, great write up on the reality show… i do think yvonne looked like sweat li… and kenny looked terrible in those cowboy outfit…

16. nyik February 21, 2008 at 1:38 am #

Haha Kenny and Su Ann look so good together. They make a good couple!!!

17. Youth Entrepreneur February 22, 2008 at 6:02 am #

I’m gonna vote for Yeap Chin Yee (Giselle). Kindergarten teacher rox!!

18. Neo February 27, 2008 at 3:10 pm #

The kindergarten teacher looks really beautiful and great!

19. BikerVoodoo March 7, 2008 at 8:49 pm #

More pics of the kindergarten teacher please?

20. cnk May 1, 2008 at 1:26 am #

im chinese and i dont like cindy

21. cnk May 1, 2008 at 1:31 am #

More pics of the kindergarten teacher please