Buy and Sell Your Stuff Online in Malaysia with Mudah.com.my

Mudah.com.my is the new kid on the block when it comes to online classifieds in Malaysia, no longer are we stuck with having to advertise in the free paper or on sites like Lelong or Ebay.

Personally I’ve found forums to be the best places to sell stuff so far, places like Lowyat are great as they have a wide variety of users and plenty of traffic.

Mudah.com.my is touting itself as ‘The Marketplace of Malaysia’.

Muday.com.my

Mudah is more of a classifieds style site than an auction site though (which has it’s up and downs).

On the positive side:

• It’s Easy to Use
  • Fast Loading
  • Simple Navigation and Search
  • Fast and Straight Forward to Post a Listing

On the negative side:

• There’s no reputation system
  • It’s harder to trust users
  • Design is a bit dated – could be more web2.0

I’m glad they have a report abuse link on every posting and I hope they take it seriously.

It’s dividied geographically by region within Malaysia and has various categories for goods. It’s also split by company/private (although I’m not sure how reliable that is), it also has Wanted as well as For Sale.

Mudah is definitely an interesting site to check out if you are looking for some bargains or have something you want to sell off.

Comments

comments

, , , , , , ,

9 Responses to Buy and Sell Your Stuff Online in Malaysia with Mudah.com.my

1. Nicholas Chhan February 1, 2008 at 4:14 am #

Nice find, like our region needs another auction website. Lelong is still leader, but eBay MY is picking up fast. Alot of social networking done lately by eBay, good for the community.

Your con list for Mudah is spot on. Meh! Just looking at the site, and the initial 15 minutes of looking around just detracted me more from registering.

2. Mike Tee February 2, 2008 at 2:42 pm #

How does the company behind Mudah make money out of this? I tried looking around if they take a percentage off each sale or something – but couldn’t find any. I find the revenue model important because it will mean if the site will be around for sometime. Can’t pay for bandwidth or hosting through love & passion! :-)

3. james February 10, 2008 at 12:41 pm #

There’s another local classifieds site at jomclassifieds.com. More imitations are popping each day…

4. max June 2, 2008 at 10:03 am #

What about http://www.88DB.com? They used to advertise on blogs too.

5. ShaolinTiger June 4, 2008 at 4:43 pm #

Nicholas Chhan: Yeah will be interesting to see how it develops.

Mike Tee: I have no idea. I’m sure they have a business model, it’s not a community offering.

james: Where there’s success there will be imitation.

max: 88DB is more towards services than buy/sell classifieds.

6. haris July 4, 2008 at 3:02 pm #

hello/hai,
    i’m new to mudah…well found it by clingking….
    very curious to know how do the payment i like….
    i’m trying to rent a house…tq

7. paul January 20, 2009 at 3:40 pm #

i wish to know if there is any site similar to mudah,in malaysia or around asia as a whole

8. Al.Pa Horupina February 13, 2009 at 4:37 am #

I won’t mind anymore mailing about Local Malaysia High Traffic Buying / Selling site like mudah.com.my

Hope to see response soon

9. blalangjuta February 15, 2009 at 3:11 am #

y it so hard to listing in mudah.com.I already try many time and change many thing but still can’t do a listing.Keep receive email “refused” The ad you entered violates Mudah’s rules.Even though I follow the existing ad but still cannot.