Well it’s working to some degree, half of the images are missing and a bunch of other stuff isn’t working properly yet.
Plus the last time I backed up the database was September 10th so all posts/comments since then have been lost.
I’ve gotten the Google cache from the front page, but those posts I was using the ‘more’ tag…I’ve lost the rest of the post.
I’ll try and recreate them the best I can over the weekend if my original host really can’t recover anything.
Apparently there was some kind of cascading failure, so when the hard-disk failed it also b0rked the backup server…and that was the end of that.
Everything is gone, all my important sites, money making sites…everything.
Luckily I was getting suspicious last month and did a quick backup, I’m not sure if I backed up the files though.
And now this site is hosted in Malaysia so it should be blazingly fast for people in Asia-pac.
Hopefully I’ll get the latest SQL dump from the previous host and put all the images back and we’ll be sorted.
If not I’ll patch things back together the best I can do.
Another lesson – don’t rely on others BACKUP REGULARLY…I wish I had got around to setting up the automated back-up for all the servers accounts like I kept meaning to.
It just goes to show procrastination is the mother of all fuck-ups.