If you do, do a good deed and help a family out that needs some kind souls to donate some of their fairly rare A+ blood for a heart bypass operation.
The operation will take place on March 1st, 2007 (Thursday) and the surgery requires fresh blood and the surgeon has requested for at least 10 people of similar blood group (A+) to donate on the day of his surgery. We know that this is not a common blood group and we appreciate it with all our heart if you can assist us.
Below is the information you need if you wish to give blood:
- Blood group required : A+
Name of Hospital : Subang Jaya Medical Centre (New Wing), 5th Floor
Opening Hours : 8.30 am – 5.30 pm (Monday to Friday) (Operates during
lunch hours) 8.30 am – 12.30 pm (Saturday)
- Patient’s Name : Lee Chiew
- Date of Surgery : March 1, 2007
Set out below are the procedures for the blood donation;
- The Donor has to be healthy;
- The potential donor is required to go to the above hospital any day before the surgery date to have his / her blood screened. Should the potential donor do not know his / her blood group, the hospital will conduct the test;
- If the potential donor can only attend the screening test on the weekend, he / she will need to give one day prior notice to the hospital.
- After having passed the screening test, the Donor will need to come to the hospital again on the Surgery date (9.00 am) for the donation.
- Please be informed that the hospital will issue time-off medical certificates for both the screening and donation days.
SJMC (Blood Bank) contact no. : 03-56306575
Contact person : Ms Siva
Please feel free to contact the family members should you have questions on the above. Karina (012-3930993), Kevin (012-2998769) or Adrian (012-2317912).