It’s about I got myself a new cert, it’s almost a year since I got myself OPST Certified..
OPST stands for OSSTMM Professional Security Tester, recursive eh? OSSTMM stands for Open Source Security Testing Methodology Manual.
If you’ve never heard of the OSSTMM, you don’t really need this cert 😉
The OPST is a certification of applied knowledge designed to improve the work done as a professional security tester. This is an important certification for those who want or need to prove they can walk the walk in security testing, the discipline which covers network auditing, ethical hacking, web application testing, intranet application testing, and penetration testing. And it is a critical, eye-opening class for security auditors, network engineers, system and network administrators, developers, network architects, security analysts, and truly anyone who works in IT from systems to networks.
Cool eh? Kinda nerve wracking after submitting the results directly the servers in Spain and waiting 3 weeks for the pass/fail..
Yes that’s X-windows on a *nix station, the exam was done purely on Linux, Windows was used for some surfing, the exam is 90% practical a tunelled connection to spain, kinda slow..the other 10% is about some ethics and parts of the OSSTMM.
Yes of course I passed, top grade in the class I think..
Ah well, wonder which certificate to do next, kind of hard to find decent computer security courses in Asia, I think SANS is in Singapore soon though..
Don’t even mention MSCE, I’ll spit on you 😉 I wouldn’t mind RHCE or LPI next though, or perhaps go the Cisco route or something else proprietary..