This is a really really funny story, I guess some of you may have read about it already.
A computer expert has described his astonishment at seeing the BBC’s 24-hour news channel interview supposed taxi driver Guy Goma in the mistaken belief it was him.
Guy Kewney – a white, bearded technology expert – was astonished to see himself appear on screen as a black man with an apparent French accent. He was even more shocked to see himself unable to answer basic questions about the legal battle between the Beatles’ Apple Corps and Apple Computer over the use of an apple symbol.
Basically it went down like this..
1) Taxi drivers goes to BBC Studio to pick up some expert on technology (Guy Kewney)
2) Taxi driver waits in Lobby
3) Someone calls out Guy Kewney’s name, to go into the studio
4) Taxi driver responds with “Hello”
5) BBC staff take Taxi driver into the studio and start interviewing him about digital music live on TV
6) Guy Kewney sits in the lobby watching ‘himself’ on TV live, wondering when he became Black and developed a French accent.
See the video here:
His face at the start when she introduces him is PRICELESS, note his answers for the questions are all pretty much the same.