The Power of Words and the Freedom of Speech

It is easy to sit with the glow of our monitors lighting up our gleeful faces as we hurl insults across continents over the relatively anonymous medium of the Internet, but there are real people on the other side of the keyboard, I learnt that long ago.

I gave up fighting on the net because I hurt too many people, I just returned to my old form because I felt XX needed a lesson in humility, she has victimised and hurt plenty of others. Maybe I went a little far you may say, but well that’s what I do.

I took down the cumshot picture however and the link to XLX, she is a human after all, and even though she has never apologised for anything or taken down anyones pictures, I will give her some dignity.

In return for this act of kindness, Xia Xue[/url] called me an inbred childfucker.

Besides being ridiculously childish, your arguments also lack depth and intellect. Once this issue is over, you will go back to being a mediocre blogger again.

Maybe, just maybe, I will get hacked again, so it will bring some joy to your sick, boring, sadistic life. Alternatively, I think raping children might bring you some pleasure too; you seem like the sort.

I could have been more gracious, polite and magnanimous, but well from previous experience I’ve found that approach doesn’t actually work. People with thick-skulls and over-inflated self worth just ignore it.

Two wrongs don’t make a right, and as Kimberly[/url] said, and eye for an eye eventually makes everyone blind..

Everyone has to learn to be more tolerant, I mean I have bad experienced, but with bad comes good right? I prefer to highlight the good and positive things in life, perhaps that’s why I remain a ‘mediocre’ blogger. If I always posted how everything sucked, KL sucked, Manila sucked, Singapore sucked, Colombo sucked, Brunei sucked, Jakarta sucked…Then I could be a Z-list blogger too?

I don’t mind criticism, everyone needs to learn to improve from criticism, not rebel, I do mind sweeping generalisation and racism though, I mind them a lot.

Having written about Racism in Malaysia[/url] before, relations between nations is also important..

Everyone can play the freedom of speech card, “It’s my blog I can write what I want”, but well sometimes you have to think a little no? For every action is there an equal or opposite reaction, be it positive or negative. You are viewed based on how you portray yourself, that’s your choice and your choice alone.

And for those who rejoiced, thinking XX had learnt a lesson, apparently she hasn’t.

Oh and btw: I still find I did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WRONG. Many agree too, far more than those who *roll eyes* think I did, but logical people do not fight with the retarded. I don’t even have to defend myself, because explaining things to dumb people is like teaching a cat to read a detailed and powerfully drawn map – pointless.

Do not, for a moment think you have taught me a lesson. It is silly to presume so, because you are most certainly not fit to be teaching anyone morals yourself. Nor do I deem you to be wiser, cleverer, nor a better person. If I ever need to “learn” anything, it won’t be from you, for I don’t think I saw anything in you worthy of my learning.

Everyone who thinks she did wrong is a retard.

Anyway, back to point, let’s all learn to be a little more tolerant, let’s not insult people’s capital cities, countries or ideals, let’s criticise fairly, learn from those critics and all work to improve things.

You are not even worthy. A fight of what? My readers against my readers? Those who are on “your side” are there not because they like you, it’s because they hate me. Those on mine, are there because they love me.

Don’t bring yourself as high as to say we are “fighting”. As a blogger or a writer, I have already won, and I am not interested to fight you. You are just one of the many insignificant trying to bring me down everyday, and the only reason why I happened to mention you, is because you were the most ridiculous of all.

Dear, dear Wendy, it’s not about ME vs YOU, it’s about MALAYSIA vs YOU, it’s about Sensible Singaporeans vs YOU, I am merely the medium carrying the message, don’t shoot the messenger πŸ™‚

Let’s all love each other (not literally please) and have a party on the causeway πŸ˜€

Peace all, and have a great weekend!

*EDIT* – As a request from Miss Wendy Cheng here are all 4 e-mails in full, as I’ve clearly quoted her out of context, although I didn’t give any context or mention..I let her words speak for herself…

“Xia Xue”-gate Emails

Comments

comments

, , ,

131 Responses to The Power of Words and the Freedom of Speech

1. ally September 9, 2005 at 12:31 am #

all i have to say really is that sometimes falling from grace and having your reputation ripped apart in front of your eyes is hard on some people, especially she who thinks she was liked by so many.

people do 2 things in situations like those, they defend themselves to the death even though on some level they know they’re wrong and pursue the issue more aggressively, or they give in and apologize gracefully and never be this discriminatory again. i’m guessing she fits in category number one.

this whole thing was probably blown out of proportion and brought on by her refusal to give up and the determination of us malaysians to make her see what she said was wrong. even if she did amend her comments later, the damage was already done.

i say let her take her wounded stance and keep what’s left of her pride. then watch and wait for what she comes up with next!

2. daren September 9, 2005 at 12:38 am #

Grr.. when this cats and tiger fight will end?.. not to worry Tiger… I’m right behind you…cheering you… have a good weekend…world peace *grin*

3. jimmy September 9, 2005 at 12:42 am #

nicely said.

actually i just want to leave my footprints here πŸ™‚

but nicely said. i guess there’s no way she can bring up a sensible argument against all her previous issues.

4. Edrei September 9, 2005 at 12:47 am #

For everything you have the freedom to say is also the freedom for other people to say things back at you. I guess she has to learn that one day.

Following this entire saga so far. I have to say one thing. Good post. A very good post.

5. BawangMerah September 9, 2005 at 12:48 am #

Yay, more movie reviews, less turf fights heheheh

6. Avatar September 9, 2005 at 12:51 am #

I’m not the first!! NOOO~~~

7. Anonymous September 9, 2005 at 12:58 am #

I may be a bit late, but finally, I see her true colours.

8. Suresh September 9, 2005 at 1:07 am #

Dude;
    As a taurean we dont give up easy! I understand your reasons and I believe you are correct! but there is only one way to deal with her and thats”destroy”! verbally, mentally, credability, all the other stuff that goes with it! like I said we dont go down easy but I know she is wrong and I will support you dude! Fire away, but dont expect white flags! Cheers mate!

9. Vivian September 9, 2005 at 1:12 am #

Don’t flatter yourself. Oh and don’t put words in the mouths of your fellow Malaysians. For whatever pretentious and self-righteous reason you give for attacking a young female blogger below the belt, please remember that this game you are playing is over – and there are many out there who don’t blindly support you. I am no Xiaxue fan but your harsh and unreasonable treatment of this girl just makes me sick.

And some of you guys truly freak me out.

10. Inevitable September 9, 2005 at 1:15 am #

Whoa, we are still on this topic? I thought she quit blogging already …

11. lim September 9, 2005 at 1:20 am #

After all, u r a gentleman πŸ™‚ Unlike the moronic xiaxue, did a big mistake but still instead of she is so right.

12. dinghy September 9, 2005 at 1:21 am #

You know what’s funny? You didn’t have to do much to take her down. She’s doing a great job of sealing her own grave. πŸ˜›

The way she handled the whole thing and is still ragging on anyone who doesn’t ‘love’ her. Lol. But then what do I know, I don’t agree with her so I’m just another retard. πŸ™

13. Peter September 9, 2005 at 1:30 am #

Hoi ang moh! You too free no work to do izzit?

14. angelique September 9, 2005 at 1:33 am #

jeez… get over it already =P

since xx has sealed her own grave, you ought to be as “magnanimous” and “kind” as you claim to be, and stop harping on the issue.

15. ShaolinTiger September 9, 2005 at 1:33 am #

Too much work to do mah…

Simple stuff like this, only 5 mins to write, get called kiddy-fucker, so have to write something..

16. ShaolinTiger September 9, 2005 at 1:34 am #

Well I had left the issue, no one asked her to e-mail me this morning and call me an inbred child fucker?

Let’s just leave it at that, anyway this post is not about XX, it’s about freedom of expression and how it comes with responsibility, please try and see the bigger picture πŸ™‚

17. wolfx September 9, 2005 at 1:36 am #

I agree. I ‘ll say ST handled the situation well. But all was said and done. Whether she learns or not is entirely up to her now.

Any more provoking wouldn’t do ST or XX any good. Just lots of negative energy. πŸ˜›

18. wolfx September 9, 2005 at 1:39 am #

Geez…another butch? Being a girl does not give you protection for being a b*tch, mmmkay Vivian?

19. Marc September 9, 2005 at 1:43 am #

Somehow I didn’t think she would learn anything positive out of this whole episode- just too much pride in some people.

If people prefer to be mired in their own foolish pride- then so be it. Eventually the fall would be that much more harder and painful.

It takes a bigger man/ woman to step back and let things slide. What does hate do but begets more hate in the end.

20. Wingz September 9, 2005 at 1:56 am #

pwah~ …. this is what the malays call “Masuk bakul angkat sindiri” but i doubt xx would understand that . LOL

21. Word September 9, 2005 at 2:07 am #

Agreed, Marc.

Nobody needs to call her using whatsoever derogatory names.
    Nobody needs to describe her using offensive remarks.
    Nobody needs to supply to her obscene criticisms.

Because, her blog, posts, comments, email to ST etc, all do a good job of speaking for itself. Loud and clear.

Her words reflect her true colours.

Especially for people like this, change is inevitable. Unless from a vending machine.

22. Peter September 9, 2005 at 2:07 am #

Ang moh, lemme share with you some oft-used words of wisdom:

Never argue with a pig. You’ll both get dirty and the pig enjoys it.

Have a good day you crazy Brit.

23. Sylvia September 9, 2005 at 2:10 am #

Hi. I’m glad that you took down that awful picture of her in your blog. But I wish that she would act more grown up when tackling this issue. She could definitely learn how to deal with this sort of things in a more calm and rational manner.

24. __earth September 9, 2005 at 2:13 am #

we don’t want a party on a causeway. We want a party ON A REAL BRIDGE!!!

25. Lowzeewee September 9, 2005 at 2:17 am #

Now I wonder how she actually got into all this limelight despite being so immature and childish! ST, I take my hat off to you!

26. TBG September 9, 2005 at 2:18 am #

aiyooo can we just like let the whole thing rest already? i mean i have been in both Sing and M’sia all my life (well almost) and im really so sick and tired of all these petty arguements lah…those who are wise, they can see for themself…PLUS its an eye sore to be reading all those childish ‘come backs’ *sighs*

see you at Zouk tonight ok πŸ˜€ and lets hope that we do not meet any XX’s die hard fans WAHAHAAH

27. Lowzeewee September 9, 2005 at 2:20 am #

ST, you are being cruel in drilling XX down into the ground but I just love the way this is being done! Keep it up! The fact that she even bothers to read your blog and reply to your comments via *emailing you directly* despite removing your site’s URL from her blog to divert site traffic away…. Well I let you decide.

Go ST! =)

28. mooiness September 9, 2005 at 2:33 am #

Wow she *emailed* you personally? Must’ve struck a big raw nerve. πŸ˜‰

Maybe to put it in context, you should provide a link to said email in all its glory. πŸ˜›

29. Marc September 9, 2005 at 2:35 am #

The problem is our own moronic ST (Straits Times) keep hyping her to be some kinda hotshit, so now her head is so big its starting to exert its own gravitational pull.

30. PinPin September 9, 2005 at 2:35 am #

Ya, agreed. For a person who’s so full of herself and thinks everyone else sucks, there would hardly be any lesson learnt. This type of person will get a bigger lesson eventually, from the real world. So why bother?

31. this is funny September 9, 2005 at 2:48 am #

The Xiaxue woman is a nong.

From what I am aware, many of the Singapore Polytechnic students didn’t like her at all. Now we know why.

She’s just a sore loser. Ignore the cur.

She’ll be back blogging again as usual in no time because her income depends on the stupid blog of hers.

The first time I saw her picture, I really thought she looked like Ms Piggy from The Muppets. But Ms Piggy is cuter.

I love the weekends. wooo hooooo

32. sifu September 9, 2005 at 2:49 am #

She who was once blinded by fame, is now blinded by rage.

33. Anna September 9, 2005 at 3:16 am #

Oh dear I’m a retard.
    So proud of you ST. I couldn’t have said it better. And I’m a Malaysian. Born and bred.

34. aeyna September 9, 2005 at 3:45 am #

Heya…..

With all this shit wif msians n sporeans, its just sad tat spore were once right under msia, imagine this, if we put indonesia here, imagine, k… the whole jakarta start pissin ! i mean pissin the 20 million, aiyoo… the whole of singapore will end up with the biggest flood, ay? but then again, should we be low, imagining that shit. If blogging is a form of stress relief, i betcha tat every blogger is damn fuckin stressed. so this whole load of shit was just a thang or two to make us fel that we r overpowering each other. we all need each other… yeah i mean world peace!!! i betcha both of would be in deep shit man…. if these things were reported… but then again, freedom of speech…..! i dunno, just dunno, u ought to think man, i betcha, u guys might be thinkin y am not siding any1, well the whole truth is tat, i just dont fucking care!!! n am here to read n get to know bout somebody else’s life coz i dont have 1!!! aint tat great! we just like to be seen and again be seen. anyhow shaolin or not shaolin, u do wut eva tat is necessary n xx or wuteva ur name is, chick u otta have a life, u call urself a writer, then be 1. (dunno, whether she reads st’s blog, if she did, man i betcha damn fucking loser). so both of you, good luck to your fucking childish wars of unjustified cause. May Msians and sporeans win, if sporeans win, msians, we otta seek help from the indonesians….. the last time singapore had a flood was back in 1978, they otta need , well sporeans, thank x, if it were to happen, its all her damn fuckin fault, no more MRTs for me, man. well let me just enjoy my my nite out at hotel 81…. and eat my fucking creamy cream puffs….. ! signing out… aeyna ahmad80…

35. sha September 9, 2005 at 3:56 am #

its ok for her to criticise anyone she likes and yet when she feels the heat, she runs away .

then she’ll come back in a couple of weeks saying that she’s stronger than ever and bla bla bla.

screw that. its the same routine. diss something/someone.get flamed.run away.then come back “stronger”.

i still have no idea how she thinks she did nothing wrong.

so everyone who disagreed with her were retards lah? good. then s’pore must be half full with retards then.

stupid chick. if you can’t take the heat, stay out of the kitchen lah.

36. diana September 9, 2005 at 4:11 am #

she was just being plain rude when she commented on the arab tourist and that malay fucker part. why cant it just be a fucker. why does it have to be a brown fucker, a white fucker or a black fucker. so what is she then? a white black hair turned blonde fucker? and whats with the bangla or the indos or the whatsoever. racist freak.

37. mudslinger September 9, 2005 at 4:34 am #

yeah, her entry was just rude and racist. i knowlah it’s her blog, but still…
    and ST, it’s true, some people will never learn.

here’s to more movie reviews!

38. GhOsT September 9, 2005 at 4:41 am #

She never learns…… she will let it cool for a while and she will be back ‘stronger’ (in her own words.)

39. Michelle September 9, 2005 at 5:04 am #

one more post on this and i swear i’ll scream and squeeze all the blood from my tampons on you.

lol.

40. mahagurusia September 9, 2005 at 5:05 am #

gee…. the girl sure got one thick skull,… maybe make that hymen! Lesson I learnt from arguing with Kiasu citizen is that they must win and must always have the last word, no humility sense at all. (Maybe when she grows up? how old is she anyway?) Well done and well said ST

41. =D September 9, 2005 at 5:11 am #

HAHA. YOU CANT MAKE A SUCCESS FOR YRSELF IN ENGLAND. THAT IS WHY YOU HAVE TO MALAYSIA TO MAKE A LIVING. BRITAN MUST BE ASHAMED OF YOU DEFENDING MALAYSIA. I BELIEVE TONY BLAIR HAS BETTER RELATIONS WITH PM LEE THAN MALAYSIA LEADER.

42. anonymouspapaya September 9, 2005 at 5:16 am #

same here..

even during the argument, I have no hatred whatsoever towards XX.

however, now, she having no sense of remorse at all sickens me.

43. anonymouspapaya September 9, 2005 at 5:23 am #

*sigh*

angsty teenagers like you.

*shakes head*

maybe you are not a teenager, but you surely do sound like one.

poor you. filled with rage. bringing up unrelated topics to fire just because you can’t defend XX’s faults.

poor, poor you.

44. ShaolinTiger September 9, 2005 at 5:26 am #

Eww that’s fucking GROSSS EWWWWWW

Anyway who asked her to mail me..

She just mailed me again actually about an hour ago, she’s in love with me OMG:

“Quoting me out of context? How about you put up the whole email for a bigger picture? We all know how quotes do not represent the whole message my dear.

Once again, underhand.”

45. suanie September 9, 2005 at 5:29 am #

Yes, why don’t you put up the whole email to fully show the whole message, m’dear?

After all, as per requested.

46. Edison September 9, 2005 at 5:30 am #

Uh-Oh.. hopefully i dun freak u out? :/ HAhHA.. NEways… i think.. d harder sum1 is agaisnt resistence.. when they finally break down & let down their pride… d fall would be worse… no?

47. ShaolinTiger September 9, 2005 at 5:39 am #

All 4 e-mails in full:

“Xia Xue”-gate E-mails

48. spiller September 9, 2005 at 5:57 am #

Oh my fucking god… this already pass Indiana Jones’s trilogy. Dun make it overtake the Star Wars saga(s) dude, ya know wat happened with those sequels πŸ˜‰

Jesus Christ, it’s Friday nite! Let’s go out and party will ya?

What the fuck?

“Get busy dying, or get busy trying” – Shawshank Redemption

49. ally September 9, 2005 at 6:22 am #

i wish i had the msn sarcarstic emoticon here. the emails really don’t do anything to make her look better. lol i don’t think being underhanded is on your conscience after all πŸ™‚

50. investor September 9, 2005 at 6:31 am #

Wow…what happen? I just saw this famous blog recently which took me about a day to finish reading..keke cos i stop awhile then continue reading….what happen to you guys? but what i read…i think what XiaXu did is wrong? You cannot blame other ppl country like saying bad thing about it. I’m also from M’sia..but now in UK. Every country had it pros and cons. Like what i experience in UK…there are so racism over here too…ppl not friendly maybe because of our color. Same as ShaolinTiger where he work in M’sia but he can cope it like me too. What XiaXue did is all wrong, u cannot judge ppl country life and culture….which what she did??? I saw her blog put all the !@%$# bad word toward M’sia is an example already.
    I myself also saw that situation in UK, but i didn’t blame british ppl because it is their culture their home base country not us…

51. investor September 9, 2005 at 6:35 am #

Peace…..everyone…..

52. sifu September 9, 2005 at 6:45 am #

Why did she not realise that her request to publish the emails will only bring her down further?

53. Anonymous September 9, 2005 at 7:17 am #

ST thank you very much for showing what she wrote you. At last her true colours have shown through. Not only is her mouth filthy, so is her mind. It takes a sick person to write what she wrote ie “Alternatively, I think raping children might bring you some pleasure too; you seem like the sort”. Pity those who have endorsed her to market their products or grace its magazine cover … for sure now they’d be a total flop. Shame Shame!

54. Angelique September 9, 2005 at 7:19 am #

The question is: Why did she not realise that her request to publish the emails will only bring her down further since the xx-flamers here are blind anyway?

ST you moderate my comment for what, scared of me is it.

55. yow keat September 9, 2005 at 7:53 am #

thanks for stopping by my blog ST,rea;;y appreciate it =)

56. this is more funny September 9, 2005 at 8:11 am #

i think xiaxue just dug her grave deeper. wahhahahahahahahaha Anyone wants to have a wager as in which date she will come up ‘fighting’ again???????

57. Esther September 9, 2005 at 8:19 am #

I think she was getting a little too proud, someone had to do it. πŸ™‚

58. blad3rrr September 9, 2005 at 8:20 am #

ok ST,im new here,this is my very first time giving comment….(i no blogger but happens to just read other people’s blog)…..I do so because i cant stand what she wrote about KL SUX!!she and her civilized world…just another typical singaporean comparing with malaysia….if she just so civilized and not being childish…she would have use her brain and think b4 she post anything on her blog…and from all those email that she wrote to u…that already indicates to me how civilized is she…….if she wants to talk about civilization…she can help herself by register into “architecture and culture “101,102,201,202…etc….in X University…..from there, she will understand that such problem that encountered in malaysia happens around the world…even in those well developed country like France,Britain and US…..so can u say that those people from the country are not civilized compare to Singapore,considered as a young country?….there is another funny thing that i wanna laugh about her is…she is comparing grammer with ST….y so childish one…u want to find ppls fault also dont la say ppl grammer sux and stuff la…ITS DAMn OUT Already…..WE dont USE already…..u like telling me that ” KISAH LEMBU MENGAJAR IKAN BERENANG”U also can Laugh means FUNNY RIGHT??that y i was laughing all the way…….guess she dont even know that when she request u to post it in ur blog will bring her down further….like another “KISAH SI LEMBU MENGALI LUBANG KERAMAT”(Digging your Own GRAve)….correct or not ST???hehe…u rox dude

59. pritchard September 9, 2005 at 8:20 am #

SHE IS STILL AN AIRHEAD!!!!!
    Wow, she must have gotten her “few ” friends to write that as a group project..MUHAHAHA.

60. anonymouspapaya September 9, 2005 at 8:58 am #

i thought she said that she doesn’t care what you do to her e-mails because she couldn’t be bothered?

wah.. then suddenly request to put up all 4 e-mails…

61. Beth2 September 9, 2005 at 9:35 am #

Hmm this is interesting. Feathers getting ruffled on both sides huh? The fact that your comments riled her shows that she CARES about what you think and vice versa. Why do people get into burst of anger, It’s always because these people are NARROW minded. Yes you can have your opinion and I can have mine, we can both have differing and yet live in total harmony. It’s only when I can’t accept your view that I burst out. (It’s a pride thing, always thinking you are right and not accepting a different opinion) And I think that’s what both of you did. You know what, from what i see, why don’t both of u be cool and collected. After all it’s her blog she can write all she wants, and over here it’s your blog you can express what you want. Just accept that everyone sees things differently and move on. No use quibbling like immature kids with short burst of tmeper… tsk tsk.. Nonetheless I am mildly entertained by the drama….
    Entertainment Rating: 3 stars out of 5.

62. seth.frostheart September 9, 2005 at 9:36 am #

uh.. any retards this side of the border up for a night out at zouk instead of the freaking causeway? too far south to travel la…

*chuckles*

63. ShaolinTiger September 9, 2005 at 9:39 am #

Going to Black Party issit seth?

64. ShaolinTiger September 9, 2005 at 9:41 am #

Hahaha so pathetic, I wasn’t even here.

If you had half a brain you’d realise anything with HTML tags in it is automatically held until I approve it to stop spam, obviously you don’t as you posted the same comment about 15 times.

65. ShaolinTiger September 9, 2005 at 9:43 am #

4 times in fact, and she’s ‘not bothered’…

I’ve linked up all 4 mails.

66. ShaolinTiger September 9, 2005 at 9:44 am #

Excellent points Beth πŸ™‚

67. Ghoul September 9, 2005 at 9:54 am #

I got this from my friend’s IRC quite message:

“Never argue with an idiot. Cause then, you have to drop to his level, and he’ll beat you with experience.”

…..

68. sharina September 9, 2005 at 10:11 am #

geez. that woman needs a shrink or something.

her emails only prove that she’s such a bloody airhead who cant fckn take criticism.

YOU CRITICISE, TAKDA HAL. OTHER PEOPLE DO THE SAME, BUAT KECOH!

bodoh lah.

im hopping she stays off the blogsosphere for a v. long time. but no chance at tht since thats how she “makes” money right?

sigh.

69. Angelique September 9, 2005 at 10:34 am #

Aie. I don’t have half a brain. I have two halves.

I posted it 15 times coz I was blog surfing, blogging, doing a lit essay and trying to figure out a math qn at the same time, while eating some yoghurt. Meh.

70. Kz September 9, 2005 at 10:37 am #

hmmm… u did the right thing. let her live in her own fantasy. let this end today. like what xx quoted “u cant teach a cat to read a detailed map” … just let her be. let her haters grew larger…eventually into a raging mob of unhappy ppl…

71. terminator September 9, 2005 at 10:48 am #

You were too eager to draw traffic to your website to read your point of view. But too bad, you only managed to disgust yourself.

72. Beerbabe September 9, 2005 at 11:08 am #

hey dude, i’ve been dropping by just to see the increase in comments. hahaha, i have no life! anyway dude perhaps it is time to let go? remember that msn conversation we had about the pointlessness of using logic on illogical people? this is a pretty fine example of it!

ps. I’m Singaporean, but i ADORE KL and all the boozing sessions I’d have with Malaysian friends everytime i went up there in the past. miss ’em good ole days!

73. rkaru September 9, 2005 at 11:10 am #

Too big headed already, that’s why.

74. rkaru September 9, 2005 at 11:18 am #

I’ve always wondered… for someone who is ‘very popular’ and ‘well-loved’ in the blogosphere, she doesn’t have a commenting system. Now I know why; afraid she’ll get hit left, right, center.

At least, without a commenting system, she doesnt have to call on her fans to defend her every now and then.

75. Vivian September 9, 2005 at 11:21 am #

Read the emails and i feel more sick. Why can’t you just defend KL as a country but have to attack this girl like this? Are you still a man? There are many bloggers who put down other countries, are you going to do the same to every single one who badmouths KL?

XX was being herself. You just borrowed this opportunity to lambast her and gain some support and a few claps on your back. I don’t see any other Malaysian bloggers doing what you did.

I finally saw how scary humans can be,

76. misanthropic geek September 9, 2005 at 11:26 am #

i like your blog and your entries on X-i-wanna-look-like-an-aryan-chick-X, if she can dish it she can damn well take it too. But I do think the topic’s getting stale as well (always find heavily “blogosphere”-oriented blogs a tad boring cos they’re so self-focused, but that’s a matter of personal taste). What would be really entertaining is if one of you crossed the causeway and hurled the insults in real life + some muay thai moves – now that’s drama! } πŸ˜‰

77. summer September 9, 2005 at 11:26 am #

I originally intended not to comment on anything on this whole Xia Xue and KL issue but seeing your blog post angers me more than anything else. More than Xia Xue’s words, more than what all the flamers said. I am not a Xia Xue fan, neither do I agree with any hint of racism or looking down on other countries. Knowing her blog is a public one, she should not have posted any of those thoughts and comparisons should not have been made either. She has to learn to take responsibility of her own words.

But the links u put up, the photo you photoshopped, leaves me greatly disgusted. Xia Xue may have said wrong stuff to anger Malaysians, but she definitely does not deserve all these. The hostile words you use, your actions towards her, you aggresive tone, they do not prove you to be a better person than her. There are certain times where I also see you practising what you are so angry with about. You start all this big hoo-hah because she was comparing Malaysia and Singapore and she was being racist. Then what are you doing? The way you talk about Singaporeans is no better. It’s like you reprimand someone because he spit on the floor but you are doing it all the same.

Worst, do you think you think you are making the situation any better? You are only making it worst, and the people commenting on your site are adding on to it too. They are unhappy with what Xia Xue has done but are they reflecting on their own words? And then there is selective perception. You see only what you want to see. The quotes you put up, are delibrately choosen. You put up her more hostile words and leave out the rest. You put up only what you can argue to. But those which you can’t, you choose to leave them out. You chose to pay attention to the ignorant Singaporeans, but what about the Malaysians? Why do you say nothing about them? They are equally ignorant and rude in their comments.

Take a page out of Kenny Sia’s book. Be objective in your words. And one more thing, practise what you preach. You want Xia Xue to stop discriminating and being racist, then do not do it youself either.

78. Lowzeewee September 9, 2005 at 11:31 am #

XX-gate! LOL!

79. Lowzeewee September 9, 2005 at 11:33 am #

ST, the more I look at this situation and review it, I think you should leave it to rest. It only ends up with more hatred and insults strewned and heaped onto both countries. Peace!

80. dylan September 9, 2005 at 12:05 pm #

People who have thick skin and are highly egoistic, will never accept their mistake,even if they knew it.
    You made a wise decision to put this matter to rest, its the best solution for the two countries. As for XX, she has learned her lesson already, this can be judged, from the change of her blog name. You had slapped her back to reality, and that was what she exactly needed. Peace.

81. Chris September 9, 2005 at 12:36 pm #

Having read the entire XX saga, I can only feel pity for XX. Not because she’s an innocent victim, or anything like that, but because of her inability to see things from someone else’s point of view.

The truth is, all of us have racist tendencies and make fun of people in other races within our own circles. The difference is, we all know when to shut up (i.e. in public).

In my case, I do make insulting remarks about Malays, Arabs, Caucasians, Indians and even my fellow Chinamen. BUT, I do it among people who can take it and who know that I’m not really serious or angry about a certain group of ppl.

In my multi-racial office, we normally take cheap racial stabs at each other – but we’re aware that it’s all in the name of fun and stereotyping. We all know we’re having fun and we laugh about it.

From the looks of it, XX probably doesn’t see the distinction between ‘friendly’ racial mockery and actual racist attacks.

Whether intentional or not, her comments on the ‘Malay fucker’ and Arabs were probably written as if she was talking to her own circle of friends.

What’s really sad is that she doesn’t seem to realise that racist remarks can be offensive.

And then, there’s her insistence that ‘It’s ok cos I actually experienced this.’

Her intentions may have been non-malicious but her delivery was just plain offensive.

Perhaps it was a breakdown in communication. Maybe she doesn’t really understand the nuances of the English language.

Bring on e-mail no.5

82. David Bates September 9, 2005 at 1:21 pm #

its true, and eye for an eye makes eveyone blind. But then again, that would be fair won’t it? If only some ppl are blind, then they are disadvantaged… if everyone was blind, then we are all on equal ground again. So I say, poke them eyes out, when everyone is blidn the fighting will stop πŸ™‚

83. sHee September 9, 2005 at 1:30 pm #

mayb we should suggest her to go terengganu or kelantan for her next visit (i think she’ll be killed instantly πŸ˜› )

on the other hand, when she typed “I don’t even have to defend myself, because explaining things to dumb people is like teaching a cat to read a detailed and powerfully drawn map – pointless”….then why the 4 emails? hmm…..

cheers.

84. David Bates September 9, 2005 at 1:40 pm #

I’;m from Terengganu! and I swear I am a MOST obliging host. really….

85. KY September 9, 2005 at 1:40 pm #

i think we need to go to misai more often.

86. Alan September 9, 2005 at 1:53 pm #

Kenny Sia? Good grief, I haven’t met a blogger who sat in the middle of the fence better than Kenny. Right down to not lifting a finger to say nice thigns about MAlaysia, when his chummy, XX dissed it. Completely and Utterly without substance = Kenny.

87. gelato September 9, 2005 at 2:19 pm #

didn’t really expect such huge pride coming outta that xiaxue midget LOL honestly, it’s time to boycott EVERYTHING that she endorsed =)

88. Holla! September 9, 2005 at 3:29 pm #

Wow. I am actually s.u.p.r.i.s.e.d that this whole fiasco havent died down yet. Someone kill me, i havent paid much attention to Street Fighter nowadays.

Anyways, its really sad really. Remember the SPG saga? When the SPG camp and the XX camp were at loggerheads? Remember the time when the SPG camp brought out the “this is my blog i can blog anything i want” tag?
    Now the XX camp is doing the same too. Really sad actually.
    Anyways, ST, if u ever come to Singapore, do find me for Kopi and prata ok? ( cuz i not legal to drink booze yet ) haha.

89. way September 9, 2005 at 3:51 pm #

Wow… haven’t been reading blog for a while and now we have blog war between countries. I’m really amazed how far this went to. I got your point, Shaolintiger, and I see where you try to bring people too. I would say your intention is good. In fact I see you are trying to make the world a better place by showing them the way to see things and the whole thing about human’s reaction. Making people think, making people realized about their responsibilities and the effects of their actions.

Malaysians who throw their anger, insulting Singapore and f*** words towards Singaporean are not anywhere better then those Singaporeans that did the same thing, nor the person who started this war. If you think XX or ST is the one that started this war, you better cool down clear your minds, don’t let the anger gets over you and think again.

I even saw people trying to start another war by putting other blog’s link or defending in the point of insulting a women, making another war called Women Rights VS ST perhaps? What’s wrong with you people? What did you all get is you win from this war? USD 1 Billion? Didn’t anyone see how many people got hurt, how many people got drag in and how much damage it caused? Imagine this is a real war and see what have you people did?

Anyone wish world peace here ? Well I do. Because of war/different opinion/misunderstanding/culture/religion/[you name it] I can’t visit someone important in another country. The so call leaders quote the term “NO DIPLOMATIC CONTACT WITH THAT COUNTRY” So please tell me, any action, words, and stuff you people did here contribute to making the world a better place? When US go into war with terrorist, a lot of people against it. I heard Malaysians talking about world peace, protesting in front of US embassy, but the next minute people are firing Singapore/Singaporeans just because someone there voice her opinion without knowing the responsibility she hold upon? I dunno, may be you never want world peace or you support war.

I had Singaporean friends. We are cool when Malaysia and Singapore have water issues or when both country’s leader having fights. Now this Malaysia VS Singapore war gets more advance, it went into internet. But all that won’t change the fact that my Singaporean friends are good people. It doesn’t matter you are Singaporean, Malaysian, Ang Mo, Black, White, Yellow, or Alien, if you have discrimination, you gonna screw up creating a war.

I’m not saying that I’m on your side, ST, but you did one thing that really amazed me. That’s learning from mistakes and rectifying it. It’s shown in your action of taking down the picture. A lot of people out there still have no idea what they have done and how wrong things have gone because of their action. The worse thing is some did realized but they did nothing. Your action won’t change the fact that she already got hurt, but keep playing like a victim, lay blame on others without realizing or trying to ignore the responsibilities is the worse thing to do.

Heh…. world peace, happily ever after, Belinda Carlisle’s solo on “heaven is a place on earth”, it’s not gonna happen. Yet I’ll still do my job as an individual.

90. dinghy September 9, 2005 at 4:14 pm #

How long before she denies sending those mails? πŸ˜›

91. Michelle September 9, 2005 at 7:20 pm #

heh. cannot help it. all this xx talk is making me nauseous.

xx in love with u? lol. u be childfucker, she be xx who kena fuck by angmoh childfucker.

92. Chris September 9, 2005 at 8:40 pm #

“Maybe you get carried away, or it’s your style or u trying too hard to let them realized what they did…being too harsh and causing everyone to activate their defend mechanism? “

I think you’ve nailed it. But the problem is that – as ST has already said – some people won’t listen to polite / gentle criticism. With ppl like XX, it’s an on/off switch; she either doesn’t care at all or she gets super-defensive.

This is a classic Freudian case of denial and rationalisation.

ALso, her “I’m more popular than you and you’re just a mediocre blogger riding on my fame. Nyah nyah nyah nyah nyah. Plus, you’re so insignificant so I don’t have to justify my actions.” is basically just her regressing into a child-like state. From her actions and reactions, I doubt that she’s really happy in real life anyway (which probably explains why she needs the ‘support’ and ‘love’ of hundreds of fans).

The sad thing, though, is that fans aren’t necessarily friends. Maybe that’s why she’s decided to ‘quit’ blogging. Of course, we all know she’ll be back real soon – I don’t think she’s really hurt by this; just frustrated and confused as to why so many retarded people don’t agree with her point of view.

93. ced September 10, 2005 at 9:14 am #

she will never learn.

94. Angelique September 10, 2005 at 9:30 am #

Hm. You’re only too eager to pounce on me.

I posted my view on the issue *after* I tried commenting here, dude. Not before.

95. Lowzeewee September 10, 2005 at 12:38 pm #

Let’s hope she doesn’t release any more of her teeny boppy angst again.

96. elizabeth September 10, 2005 at 3:23 pm #

I am a SIngaporean and have been following this thread because it concerns relations between our two countries. I am not at all angry at ST or Malaysians, but very much embarrassed and saddened by the actions and words of some Singaporeans, especially after reading XX’s emails just now. I hope that this animosity and mud-slinging will stop soon because it does not reflect well on all parties.

I think XX has already fallen from grace and she has only herself to blame. It’s crystal clear who’s really sincere and who’s self-centred, so there is no need for you to bother about her comments anymore.

She is after all very young and still has much to learn and I think you would be mature and gentlemanly enough to let her be. Ignoring her insults does not mean you are weak. In fact, because of the courage you have shown in admitting you might have gone too far has actually made me respect you more.

One who is wiser and stronger in character will have to take the lead in letting the matter rest because the weaker one will not.

Olive branch anyone?

97. summer September 10, 2005 at 3:39 pm #

Firstly, XX is not his.

Second, XX dissed Malaysia. But why must Kenny do the exact opposite? He is not oblidged to make a stand against XX. In fact, no matter what stand he makes, against XX or with her, there will still be people unsatified with his words.

Thirdly, why must he say nice things about Malaysia. Malaysia has its own good points and bad points and everyone knows it. Good points are to be left as they are, bad points must be improved. What he wants to say, as long as it doesn’t end up hurting or angering more people, is fine. Do you wish to see more people pissed off by this issue? This saga has been lasting for long enough.

98. xialanxue September 10, 2005 at 9:56 pm #

I would like to clarify some things xiaxue mentioned about xialanxue.blogspot.com

FIRST OF ALL, all pictures were either taken from hardwarezone forums or emailed to me. I am not the one who photoshopped them. Your accusations are not grounded. Please get the facts right.

SECONDLY, all those who criticize you have strong valid reasons for doing so. If you dare to post controversial entries, then please have the GUTS to face the backlash.

LASTLY if you have the right to express yourself, however crudely, this applies to everyone else, whether crudely or not. I have never needed to use vulgarities to describe you (unlike you) because there will always be sufficient words in my vocabulary. Xiaxue I suggest that you go improve your command of the English language before you post another entry.

99. Dabido (Teflon) September 11, 2005 at 7:53 am #

XX Said,”Look at your readers and how aggressive they are.”
    I take offense at this! When have I ever been aggressive? I think I need to defend myself.

XX said, “… I was being objective, and you subjective. I wasn’t being malicious when I said my experience at KL sucked,… ”
    Purely subjective term ‘KL sucked’ She just proved herself wrong. I’m not denying that that is how she felt, but at the end of the day, when you use terms like that, you are being emotive, which is ‘subjective’ and not ‘objective’.
    Also, XX said, “Alternatively, I think raping children might bring you some pleasure too;”
    Also, highly subjective. (plus others to follow, and many I can’t be bothered adding to this).

XX said, “Is my suicide what you are craving for, perhaps?”
    Sign of an insecure and unbalanced person. No one mentioned suicide at all. I’ll let you all go study the psychology
    books which talk about this sort of thing. (ie don’t take my word for it, READ).

XX said, “Besides being ridiculously childish, your arguments also lack depth and intellect.”
    Why does the term ‘IRONIC’ suddenly come to mind?

XX said, “Those who are on “your side” are there not because they like you, it’s because they hate me.”
    Um … when did I start hating Wendy? I feel sorry for her more than anything. Hate? No, sorry Wendy, that is once again a rather emotive response (like a lot of the other things you have written). I think it is more wishful thinking.

If you’re going to pretend to be objective, at least try to remove the emotive subjective crap! (or learn the meanings
    of Objective and Subjective). Do I hate you Wendy? Nope! No! Not at all!
    Oh, and for the record, I like ST. (In at least a friendly aquaintence sort of a way).

XX said, “I wrote mine – yours was a response. Is that a fight?”
    Yes. It can be. Look up the term in the dictionary. Or better yet, a thesaurus.

X said, “A fight is when we both write at the same time…”
    Um, no! It can be, but mostly, never. Dictionary defines it this way:HERE
    Nowhere does it say that everyone has to say something at the same time! In fact, even in warfare, not everyone shoots at the same time. In logical debates, arguements etc, most contenders will allow the other person a chance to speak and retort to presented arguements. This is especially true in Scientific arguements/fights!

XX said, “…and not when you have your opponent’s answer sheet all spread out, and then you nitpick on it… No… That should not be the way.”
    Um, that’s the way with most logical and civilised debates/arguements. Also the way most ‘flame wars’ work.

XX said, “…the only reason why I happened to mention you, is because you were the most ridiculous of all.”
    Also, highly emotive and subjective! Objective arguements actually play little part in XX’s writing style!

Of course, ST’s original point was she was making broad generlisations (similar to her,”Look at your readers and how aggressive they are.”)
    Her response was, “I still find I did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WRONG. Many agree too, far more than those who *roll eyes*

learning.”

So, she admits it herself, she’ll never learn.
    Of course, the reason you can’t explain things to dumb people, is because they miss the point.
    They can’t see the forest for the trees. They take emotive responses to critisism (whether the critisism
    was constructive or destructive) and ignore what was actually being said.

100. totoro September 11, 2005 at 12:33 pm #

For the record I do think XX made some less than mature remarks on her blog, which naturally drew flak.

On your side, I think you got your points through the first time. The follow-ups were not really necessary imho, but hey, it’s your blog. πŸ™‚

Whether she learns from this incident or not, the fact that she’s on hiatus should allow her time to reflect and grow. In the meantime, I doubt it adds any value to the (already ended) debate to diss(ect) her email to you.

I mean, it’s not worth it la. Enough is enough. You’d have been an even better man had you left it alone at that.

Take care.

101. pritchard September 11, 2005 at 7:50 pm #

that clueless broad is back. Damn , thought she finally was gone…

102. maddie September 11, 2005 at 8:00 pm #

this is really quite irrelevant to the matter at hand (tho i must say that i generally share the same sentiments as most of the folks here who feel that XX is pretty much brainless/ shallow/ superficial/ media-whoring/ what-have-you but since most comments seem to be repeated and simply re-phrased i decided not to bother too much about talking about XX anymore) but..

i believe t’was Gandhi who said that an eye for an eye would render the whole world blind.

yeap. that’s it. Gandhi. good ol’ peace-lovin’ Gandhi.

103. saikua September 11, 2005 at 9:28 pm #

wah la..

this lady si beh ai bin @ puki mau muka

the emails shows how highly she think of herself.
    tat’s why i guess she’s got the fans and those cumshots photoshop geeks.

anyway how could it be wrong that XX have offended people in KL with the post when so many have retaliated to what she’s written.

does that make everyone else other than XX fanbois stupid and not being able to understand what they read?

104. IB September 11, 2005 at 9:34 pm #

I don’t see why she deserves to be attacked any less because she is a “young girl”. So what? We’re not talking fisticuffs here. It’s MENTAL battle which is a totally different kettle of fish.

It’s the internet. You deserve to be shot down if you make stupid commentary, irregardless of whether you are disabled, a dwarf, a young girl, and old fart or a green alien.

Are you insinuating that young girls have less brain power and should therefore be excused from being responsible for whatever is spewed out of their heads? I take exception to that.

I’m a young girl and I welcome criticism and think I’m equal to anyone out there when it comes to mental sparring. i certainly don’t want a “pity” vote just because of my sex or age.

You’re doing a great disservice to women everywhere by implying their brains have smaller capacity than others. Shame on you.

105. iesnek September 11, 2005 at 9:57 pm #

Smack her about with whatever remains of the large teapot.

πŸ™‚

106. asiandivergal September 11, 2005 at 9:58 pm #

I’m a Singaporean who has been living and working in Malaysia for the past 3 years…while there are a lot of inconveniences and things I don’t fancy about Malaysia, on the whole I have grown to love and appreciate this country more so than my own. The fact is that the Malays (where we spent 14 months living together with) are really beautiful people deep within.

Singaporeans like Xiaxue are plentiful…they bring their condescending and snobbish attitudes with them even when travelling overseas. They “think” that Singapore is better coz it’s cleaner, more efficient, less crime rate blah blah blah. They complain too much, take things for granted, and are unable to appreciate the true beauty of any place. Many singaporeans have this attitude in them – albelt in varying degrees – whether they are conscious of it or not. We call this the Ugly Singaporean.

When I first came to Malaysia, my partner (who is malaysian) was always pissed off with my singaporean attitude. I always defended myself angrily, convinced I was right. 3 years later, I can understand why sinagaporeans are so annoying and hard to take sometimes πŸ™‚

My best friend living in singapore came to visit me a short while ago, and she was complaining about the “smell in the streets” and acting like a prima donna (asking the restaurant manager to “remove all the cats from our vicinity”). I felt like slapping her, but that won’t change her coz she is a product of her society, and she is convinced that she DID NO WRONG – she is my best friend after all, and I forgive her for her ignorance and faults – coz to err is human.

Xiaxue could have expressed her dislike of KL in a more tactful way – to be honest, I dislike KL with a vehemence myself heee heee but then again, I dislike all major cities like Penang, Johor, Bangkok and Singapore πŸ™‚ I think I have become a kampung gal at heart! πŸ˜›

Xiaxue – it’s time you start growing up and learning more about life and the world outside, rather than living in your own world and fantasy. You won’t be able to sustain that bubble for long. Think before you criticise others. Are you really that much better off? People who fail to see faults within themselves are by far the biggest the losers in this world.

107. iesnek September 11, 2005 at 10:02 pm #

Personally, i don’t want to go near this other than say ST is probably going to get a lot of free beer in the future.

What XX does is manipulate all the attention onto to herself, that’s why she became ‘femes’ because of her unorthodox style of bitching and twisting it to shower more attention on herself.

Of course she’ll come back and start riding on the waves that she’s caused. From an impersonal point of view, all this fuss has been nothing more than a needed boost to shoot up hits and traffic.

More hits = more reknown.

More reknown = more idiots who will advertise/ endorse

Any publicity is good publicity as they say.

108. xialanxue September 11, 2005 at 10:55 pm #

I believe that you should have the courtesy to put up what I have said in my previous comment in your main page. This is to prevent xiaxue from spreading mistruths about me.

109. seth.frostheart September 12, 2005 at 1:21 am #

damn.. sorry dude.. i posted that and jet… yea BP… just dropping by to say hi to some people and maybe toss back a few mugs…

we should catch up sometime.. get TBG to bring you along… i think i’m obliged to buy you a few jugs of beer mate *laughs*

110. miÀâ... September 12, 2005 at 1:28 am #

i resent that “teaching a cat to read a detailed and powerfully drawn map” any dumb ass won’t even try to do that.. but u? “sigh”

111. miÀâ... September 12, 2005 at 1:34 am #

what cat.. *grin* are u referring to me? *perasan* be warn this cat will bite u.. and this cat live in KL.. and to be specified the fight is with a biat..ch.. aiks.. eh.. her..

112. miÀâ... September 12, 2005 at 1:41 am #

“And some of you guys truly freak me out.”

its internet what u thought? fairy land?.. cmon.. i bet u receive more freaky thing from the email / web banner than this..

113. justyboy September 12, 2005 at 1:53 am #

ST u close your site for the past 2 days???

114. ShaolinTiger September 12, 2005 at 2:03 am #

See the note at the bottom of the latest post.

115. Anonymous September 12, 2005 at 2:38 am #

WOW!! She must really be in love with you.

Imagine, she has to stop blogging so that she can spend all her time reading your blog and e-mailing you.

116. gesundheit September 12, 2005 at 3:00 am #

As predicted, she’s back. As predicted, she’s back “stronger than before, thanks to those who love her”. And as predicted, she is STILL refusing to learn from her mistakes because she’s still saying she’ll blog about whatever she wants and turn her blind eye to comments. Someone save me.

117. justyboy September 12, 2005 at 3:51 am #

Yurky….she back BUT hooray I won because i bet with a friend in the office she be back within a week…not much i won just a cup of teh tarik.

Mayb she need to be back or she might lose out to Rockson blog in term of hits.

BAD LOSER

118. erlina September 12, 2005 at 4:44 am #

ST,

u sure rawkss… man that xx, she is this bitch trying to be seen la…. i just cant stand her la, she makes me sick n i feel like vomitting reading bout wut she wrote. i betcha she has nothing else to do. ST, thanx for at least sticking up to us Malaysians. I never hated Singaporeans, but today, I just started hating them, especially xx. She gotta do sumthin bout herself. I got to know that xx could be sued by us Malaysians, u know bout all this shit. They might even talk bout it on National Tv. She could end up being in jail la… I know ISA, still got meh? Sorry la xx, u shouldnt have started la. oo, yea xx, go get yourself a lawyer….hahaha….. ST, again u rawk…….

119. Dabido (Teflon) September 12, 2005 at 5:01 am #

“Any publicity is good publicity as they say.”

You’re absolutely correct. I forgot my Marketing and Band Publicity past. Glad you reminded me.

120. Justyboy September 12, 2005 at 6:03 am #

Good comment from Dabido (Teflon) and some good touching story of his:-

121. munki September 12, 2005 at 11:07 am #

You have never hated Singapore and you decide to do so based on what was written on blogs!? It is so much harder to hate someone/something than to love them.I believe that everyone should just step back and look at the whole situation amicably. It is easy to jump onto the bandwagon and channel all your pent up frustration on someone especially when there is a whole cohort of people cheering you on. Do anyone frankly dare claim they KNOW XX. She might have been the girl who gave up her seat to your elderly grandma on a bus. She might have been the one who gave (or will be giving) that donation to Unicef that help keep a young children alive. I am NOT defending what she did, neither am i qualified to to judge what kind of a person she really is. I will not based my opinion of Malaysia/Malaysians on what someone else have told me as i believe i am old enough to judge for myself and i do not hate all things malaysian. Coming to a conclusion prematurely leaves no room for things to take a turn for the better.

122. mrh September 12, 2005 at 11:32 am #

some of you guys sound as big suck ups as XX fans. It was a bad shopping trip la.

Once I stepped into Shark Club KL for five minutes and got hauled in a drug raid and spent six hours doing nothing. Not even a urine test. So I stopped going KL for a year out of spite. Its just a reaction.

And when will you guys/gals learn that XX is a persona?

Agree that it is a young, reckless and ignorant persona. One that does listen to advice if applied with wisdom and patience.

Attacking her on her bad shopping trip report is mentally juvenile. Using it for a Singapore/Malaysia feud is just mental.

123. mrh September 12, 2005 at 11:37 am #

dude, you mean you waited and checked to see and read her after being disgusted by her blog?
    It’s public domain. You don’t like it, just leave a comment, then don’t read anymore.

124. ShaolinTiger September 12, 2005 at 12:34 pm #

Sorry but I have to disagree.

She has a clear inability to see things from a different perpective.

Calling someone a fucker is not racist, why must it be a malay fucker? Call someone a chinese fucker it has a racist intonation.

Wanting to slap them with a pig? That’s just plain offensive against certain religious beliefs.

Calling people banglas?

Saying the Malaysian government is too busy getting sodomised to do anything useful? That’s just plain rude.

It’s not what you say my friend, it’s how you say it.

125. gesundheit September 12, 2005 at 6:47 pm #

I never did say I was disgusted by her blog. I’m actually more amused by it than anything else, watching how a supposedly mature girl can trip herself up so badly. And furthermore, I didn’t hang around her site and click “refresh” 20 times a day; I got the info that she was back from someone else, went to read it to see what stunt she was pulling, and simply decided to share the info. Anything wrong in this? And, er, try getting your facts right before making assumptions, friend. Thanks anyway for your, er, advice; it was well-intentioned, I’m sure.

126. eviegal September 12, 2005 at 9:40 pm #

sighz… I pledged not to visit her blog anymore.. but after reading this post and Minishort’s next chapter on Pinky the Poodle.. I feel under compulsion to click on the link to her site.
    must….refrain….from…doing…so…

127. erlina September 12, 2005 at 11:23 pm #

again,
    freedom of speech la huns… but its ok, it’s just that i just hated sporeans after reading what she wrote, its just that its nasty, been trying to unbderstand her motives. but its ok, we’re just dumbfounded by all this shit. it scares me that know im starting to hate some ppl that i dont know from another country. never been like this before, but i have to admit, xx can definitely make me hate her and other singaporeans. thanx xx…. u sure a doll at making ppl hate your fellow countrymen and countrywomen…

128. sub September 13, 2005 at 1:34 pm #

i wonder if “lambasting her” and “gaining some support” and(wtf with so many ands?) “few claps on your back” was the main issue?
    which btw, is this also what you’re doing at this time?
    the “lambasting”, “gain some support” and “few claps on your back” for posting this reply?

p/s. if it scares you, then you shouldn’t be reading it in the first place, no? πŸ˜‰

129. xpyre September 14, 2005 at 5:39 am #

hehe.. I’ve been following the ‘war’ with some interest… all’s I can say is: *intones* the internet gods of justice have spoken.

I hope she understands now that mouthing off comes with certain consequences..

130. Wan Zafran September 14, 2005 at 9:37 am #

“Not bothered”? Yeah right.

The stupid immature bitch renders herself as, well, herself with those emails.

*sigh* When is the arrogant idiot ever going to learn?

131. Anonymous September 19, 2005 at 2:53 am #

>>>That is a very convenient way to that others is at fault. As an adult, if you really are, haven’t you heard be responsible for your own action!